I will not miss some of the drama the last few years but I sure will miss this..

Blizzard

Reaction score
I am curious if we have a player who will take on some of Trevors role this year?

I am curious if we have a player who will take on some of Trevors role this year?

Unfortunately we don't have anyone close to Trevor's combination of strength and athleticism in the frontcourt.

Although we were outplayed down low at times last year, it was nice to know that we would never have to worry about getting out-muscled. Trevor will be missed.

This reminds me, that as much as I hated that team last year...

I freakn loved that team....

That was the best basketball game I've ever been to. The Barn was crazy.

Definitely going to miss Trevor, he might be my all-time favorite Gopher. Damian Johnson and Vincent Grier are up there as well.

I wonder if Zeller would have agreed to give Trevor a million or two for not making him look so bad in this game and taking his draft stock down a few notches.

That block was insane. That game was even better. That night was incredible.

Go Gophers!!

This reminds me, that as much as I hated that team last year...

I freakn loved that team....

To elaborate further....

Terrible communication on defense by Andre Hollins and Williams leads to Zeller being wide open for a clear dunk (I'm pissed)

Fantastic help side defense and even better block by Mbakwe (I'm freaking out excited)

Terrible pass by Coleman which almost results in a turnover (Pissed again)

Austin Hollins saves ball (Happy) Dribbles into corner (pissed) and pulls ball out to set up our fantastic half-court game (Frustrated, but happy we have a possession after what was a for sure 2pt dunk a couple seconds ago)

Hollins continues to handle the ball at the point (confused) and we enter the ball into the high post (happy because that was our strength)

Slightly upset that the ball went into Rodney who, despite having every tool to dominate in that situation, tends to force a terrible shot when given the opportunity to drive from the elbow against a quicker opponent which Sheeheey definitely is.

Elated as Andre Hollins makes a great back-cut against a weaker Yogi and finishes at the rim for a huge 4pt swing.

About 20 changes in emotion from high to low in a short 20 seconds

Hated that team

But goddamnit, I loved them.

Say what you want about last year, but that team was so much fun to watch

Lets not also forget this block by Rodney Williams:

Say what you want about last year, but that team was so much fun to watch

And painful as hell to watch. One of the most up and down teams in the history college basketball. Along with last year's Illinois team.

And painful as hell to watch. One of the most up and down teams in the history college basketball. Along with last year's Illinois team.

If I remember right, we were the only B1G team last year that was good enough to record a win against both Indiana and Wisconsin. At the same time, we were one of only two (along with PSU) B1G teams who were bad enough to record a loss to both Nebraska and Northwestern.

If I remember right, we were the only B1G team last year that was good enough to record a win against both Indiana and Wisconsin. At the same time, we were one of only two (along with PSU) B1G teams who were bad enough to record a loss to both Nebraska and Northwestern.

Yep, pretty much sums up last year. One of the best, most annoying seasons I can remember. And really, the Northwestern and Nebraska games were the ones that just utterly baffled me. I'm still not quite sure how we managed to lose those games.

Yep, pretty much sums up last year. One of the best, most annoying seasons I can remember. And really, the Northwestern and Nebraska games were the ones that just utterly baffled me. I'm still not quite sure how we managed to lose those games.

So what are the game threads going to be like this year?????

Any guesses on what the recurring messages will be? Like last year we just ragged on the slow offense and all the other tubbisms we grew to hate..

What will be the equivalent of the Tubby Stare??? Pitino Tantrum? Pitino Pat (on the back ie way too forgiving?)

I'm so jacked up for this season its really unreal... Haven't gotten but 2 things done today...

Last year's team was pretty bi-polar, beating some of the best teams in the conference and losing to some of the worst. We had a 1-1 split against every Big Ten team that we played twice in the regular season and went 1-3 against the teams we played once. We went 7-2 at home and 1-8 on the road. Ohio State and Michigan were the only teams that finished ahead of us that we didn't get a win against, and Penn State was the only team that finished below us that we didn't lose to, and we went 1-2 against Purdue and Illinois, the teams we tied with for 7th in the conference.

I would like to have seen what Pitino could have done with that team. I just can't believe how poorly Tubby handled the Northwestern zone.

Josh Martin and Reid Travis will fill the trevor role next year(big if on travis of course)

Top Bottom