I will continue to support the gophers but...

stevedave23

Reaction score
Comments:
  • We fired Brewster early to get a "head start" on finding the next coach
  • We set out to find a coach who would bring instant credibility and visibility to the football program
  • With the help of Dave Mona, the AD sends out a constant stream of smokescreens to keep the media and fans guessing
  • The marketing department launches a home page initiative to announce the new hire first via social media

All of this to hire Jerry Kill

Questions:
  • If Phil Fulmer would "crawl here for the job" as Doogie reported, why didn't we hire him?
  • If we were going to go this far down the ladder, why not offer a coach with more MN connections? Why not offer the UMD coach?

Well, Brew needed to be replaced after that Purdue game, if not sooner. But the b.s. that Maturi has been slinging is rediculous. He needs to go away now! Phil Fulmer would be a waste of money up here cause he would get paid a lot of money for his SEC system to fail up here. And going after the UMD coach I think would be a small step ahead of hiring a sucessful high school coach. My problem is that if we're going after coaches and they're turning us down (like it was reported), why in the hell would we go after Kill when Leach is begging to come here. What a waste if we settle for a coach that has "average" written all over him. Hope I'm wrong but I just see this hire, if true, as another failure.

Well, Brew needed to be replaced after that Purdue game, if not sooner. But the b.s. that Maturi has been slinging is rediculous. He needs to go away now! Phil Fulmer would be a waste of money up here cause he would get paid a lot of money for his SEC system to fail up here. And going after the UMD coach I think would be a small step ahead of hiring a sucessful high school coach. My problem is that if we're going after coaches and they're turning us down (like it was reported), why in the hell would we go after Kill when Leach is begging to come here. What a waste if we settle for a coach that has "average" written all over him. Hope I'm wrong but I just see this hire, if true, as another failure.

I can see why Maturi would stay away from Leach, I really wanted him,

but think of Leach as the hot chick (as others have called him) that all of your buddies have dated and told you to stay the heck away from. One of your heads might be saying, your friends are crazy ... but in your head, you know the right choice.

Top Bottom