I was just going to post when

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
I saw Doogie Tweet that nothing might be done until next week. With all the stories and rumors going around, it sounds and looks like Maturi is doing interviews this week. I would actually be suprised if something is done before Friday. Leaks seem to be about all the coaches he is contacting and interviewing this week.

That's Joel for us. Letting every other team that fires their coach catch up. Way to be ahead of the curve Joel!

F this. Why say "soon"? Why??? Any rational person would assume "soon", in this context, to mean a day, maybe two at most. Now this sh*tstorm is going to drag on for another week?

Seems like all the prospects were waiting for competition from other jobs openning up. Vandy, MN, Colorado, and Indiana all seem to have the same names on their lists. To me this means that no one actually knows who is on the list.

One said Friday... one said within a week... I felt better saying w/in a week. Bottom-line: it's very close.

One said Friday... one said within a week... I felt better saying w/in a week. Bottom-line: it's very close.

Any truth to JG's report, or have you heard anything similar, about basically everyone turning us down?

I have a source who is a friend of a source who says we're getting closer everyday. (Unless they already announced it and we all missed it.)

If it's a "Kill Shot" hire - they shouldn't release the news on Friday. Friday is when you're supposed to leak negative news, so it can get swept under the rug during the weekend.

If it's a "ho-hum" name, maybe it will come out on Friday.

If its any of the following people, they really can't be named until next week...

Hoke
Kill
Riley
Sarkisian
Edsall

Patience.

Coaches aren't like a Black Friday sale, the coaches aren't on a first come, first served basis. When there are multiple coaching vacancies, the candidates are going to take the time to consider their options. The only coaches that you can have as soon as you want are the ones that no one else wants. I want this resolved as soon as anyone else does, but firing Brewster in mid-season didn't necessarily give us that much of a jump over anyone else. What it did was stop the bleeding of the fan base.

It all might be waiting on the reduction of someone's buyout clause, so patience is indeed the key here.

Top Bottom