I wanted to wait before posting this,

Reaction score
, because tensions were pretty high last night, and I doubt any of you were in the mood to hear my next sentence after the final whistle, but everything seems to have simmered down to the point of reasonable discussion.

Good game.

I'll be honest, I expected Tech to wipe the field with you, and apparently the team did, too. Oops. Your team played with guts all night and nearly pulled it off. What was the deal with your play-calling in the fourth quarter? You'd been shoving it down our throats all game with pretty decent success, and I don't pin that on our defensive performance outside of the interception on a ball that should have never been thrown. I hope things trend up for you because I do hate watching the likes of Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State run the conference year after year.

Now, for the ugly: That was the most out of control game I've ever seen. The officials were incapable of keeping the peace because they waited until the third quarter to issue a bad-blood ejection. Honestly Hyder should have been ejected on the first drive; there's no excuse for throwing punches on the field, and had that been done I think the tone of the game would have been much different. The only player who'd looked like he was capable of that during the season was Waddle (the LT who blew up our first-and-goal in the second quarter); he was typically good for 15-30 penalty yards per game in holds, false starts, and personal fouls, but other than that I don't know what got into them. I hope we can blame it on the discipline installed by To-Go Box Tommy and put it under the bridge.

Good luck moving forward.

, because tensions were pretty high last night, and I doubt any of you were in the mood to hear my next sentence after the final whistle, but everything seems to have simmered down to the point of reasonable discussion.

Good game.

I'll be honest, I expected Tech to wipe the field with you, and apparently the team did, too. Oops. Your team played with guts all night and nearly pulled it off. What was the deal with your play-calling in the fourth quarter? You'd been shoving it down our throats all game with pretty decent success, and I don't pin that on our defensive performance outside of the interception on a ball that should have never been thrown. I hope things trend up for you because I do hate watching the likes of Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State run the conference year after year.

Now, for the ugly: That was the most out of control game I've ever seen. The officials were incapable of keeping the peace because they waited until the third quarter to issue a bad-blood ejection. Honestly Hyder should have been ejected on the first drive; there's no excuse for throwing punches on the field, and had that been done I think the tone of the game would have been much different. The only player who'd looked like he was capable of that during the season was Waddle (the LT who blew up our first-and-goal in the second quarter); he was typically good for 15-30 penalty yards per game in holds, false starts, and personal fouls, but other than that I don't know what got into them. I hope we can blame it on the discipline installed by To-Go Box Tommy and put it under the bridge.

Decent post. It gives me hope for Texas Tech fans. Not one for moral victories, but I think we played well enough against the #2 pass offense in the nation to give hope for our team going forward. We lost to the better team. Anyway, aside from the extra stuff that happened during the game, Texas Tech has a good football team and hopefully your new coach can continue to move your program forward.

"That was the most out of control game I've ever seen. The officials were incapable of keeping the peace because they waited until the third quarter to issue a bad-blood ejection."

Thanks for the rational OP, unlike a different RR fan who came here slamming and trolling until our moderators banned him after just 10 posts.

I totally agree with you evaluation of the handling of the game during the first half by the officials. There was stuff from both sides that should have been jumped on immediately.

Good game.

This is what stuck out at me as well. It was apparent after the first few drives that TTU didn't think the Gophers deserved to be on the same field with the Raiders. It was really apparent the way Doege was mouthing off when he got his helmet knocked off in the 1st quarter. I also noticed how odd it seemed that #12 on defense (sorry, too lazy to look up his name) was so over-exuberantly clapping his hands after making a tackle, even when it was 15-20 yards downfield.

Very good post. You make some good points.

Good game.

That's for sure.

It really was a fun and exciting game to watch. Sure it was chippy, but it was also very intense. Thanks for posting.

I think it's a fair assessment.

I was actually more annoyed with how the officials failed to control the game than I was at Texas Tech. It was chippy both ways. I was also surprised that it was a good game and devastated that we blew the game.

Good post. I would have to agree with your satements.

Top Bottom