I thought Gus Johnson went to Syracuse?

GoldMedalCounty

Reaction score
Was it just me or was Gus a little too into Indiana today? Normally, I enjoy his broadcasts, but today he certainly seemed to get more excited about key plays for Indiana than for us.

Was it just me or was Gus a little too into Indiana today? Normally, I enjoy his broadcasts, but today he certainly seemed to get more excited about key plays for Indiana than for us.

Both of them tools acted like they grew up wearing red and white. As if Indiana's never had any success before. :rolleyes:

Puke.

For the most part, I like the job Johnson does.

But he lost me today when he laughed and almost started clapping after Indiana got up by 13 in the first half. After that, the mute setting was my best friend.

For the most part, I like the job Johnson does.

But he lost me today when he laughed and almost started clapping after Indiana got up by 13 in the first half. After that, the mute setting was my best friend.

Maybe you're thinking of Allen, the NU grad who does football. He's by far my favorite, and I'd have never known he was an NU grad, even when he did the Gopher/NU games.

Gus Johnson is a tool, with as much bias as Spencer Tollackson ever had. Bring back Spencer if that kind of ridiculousness is going to be allowed.

As I said in chat, I hate Gus Johnson when my team is losing. He's not biased, he just pumps up one side or to the other based on momentum and who the home team is. A minimum of twice today he was still in full scream mode about something Indiana did, while the Gophers were scoring on the other end of the floor.

I can only think of one thing worse that listening to Gus Johnson during a Big 10 basketball game. And that is listening to Paul Allen during a Vikings football game.

I can only think of one thing worse that listening to Gus Johnson during a Big 10 basketball game. And that is listening to Paul Allen during a Vikings football game.

We're lucky that BTN was able to land Gus. He's a great play-by-play guy. He gets excited for big plays and big shots. Today, the Gophers had a lot less of those moments than Indiana.

+ 1,000,000,000

Post of the year. I would rather stick a red hot poker up me pee hole than listen to "PA" call a Vikes game.

I was laughing my ass off when he went crazy after the Indiana and 1. It was like listening to PA do a Vikings telecast.

Why are you surprised? The Big Ten and BTN continue to show favoritism to an elite few teams.

Indiana is one of the few Big Ten teams that had ALL their games on live TV this year. Unlike some teams where fans had to purchase poor quality streaming broadcasts ... if that worked at all.

And BTW, Indianapolis (which is in Indiana) is the permanent host of the Big Ten Tournament for the near future.

I doubt Gus ever has much reason to head west of Chicago.

Top Bottom