I think Tubby has figured it out...

FreeFall

Reaction score
He has picked his starters / "core players", is giving them more playing time together... lengthened the leash... and the team is indeed developing chemistry. I actually like the players he is giving more time to during the NIT, but this is besides the point... it's just important that he has settled on a core group and the rest of the bench can be role players until they earn their spot...

I feel like I am watching a "team" now, one with an identity... can't wait for next year, but first things first.... NIT in NYC!

He has picked his players... lengthened the leash... and the team is indeed developing chemistry. I actually like the players he is giving more time to during the NIT, but this is besides the point... it's just important that he has settled on a core group and the rest of the bench can be role players...

Especially since all of these guys will be back next year.

He has picked his starters / "core players", is giving them more playing time together... lengthened the leash... and the team is indeed developing chemistry. I actually like the players he is giving more time to during the NIT, but this is besides the point... it's just important that he has settled on a core group and the rest of the bench can be role players...

I feel like I am watching a team now... can't wait for next year, but first things first.... NIT in NYC!

Well, he figured it out 4 years ago after the pre-season; and 3 years ago he had it figured out as well. Then for the past 2 years he has played around way too much with the bench. It's no coincidence that the team has played better with the shortened bench.

Well, he figured it out 4 years ago after the pre-season; and 3 years ago he had it figured out as well. Then for the past 2 years he has played around way too much with the bench. It's no coincidence that the team has played better with the shortened bench.

you are totally right

I hope we don't go into it again next season.

I have no difficulty seeing Tubby go back to the line-change style next season. He seems to really enjoy checking out his possibilities in the early season, but then he seems to stick with that style for a bit too long into Big Ten play. It just seems to be Tubby's MO, although next year may be different now that a single group has stepped up and shown so much chemistry.

I have no difficulty seeing Tubby go back to the line-change style next season. He seems to really enjoy checking out his possibilities in the early season, but then he seems to stick with that style for a bit too long into Big Ten play. It just seems to be Tubby's MO, although next year may be different now that a single group has stepped up and shown so much chemistry.

sure, that's ok with me, i guess, as long as he figures it out by the start of big 10 conference play-- but now i think he has couple clear leaders to work around (including Dre Hollins, Rodney Williams among others)

Part of it this year might have had to do with just trying to figure out who the "go-to" guys are. I've never had much of a problem with playing 10 guys. I do hate the line changes though. Anyways, I just think we really didn't have guys that were very consistent, so he was trying to figure out who the hot hands were for a particular game. I don't know if that's the right thing to do or not. Just what I'm thinking though.

This team now knows what it feels like to play together and win. Oh and run!

Did he figure something out or are the injuries forcing his hand?

I love the chemistry and the confidence the starting 5 have now. I like the shortened bench and bench minutes. But Sampson is hurt, Otto is hurt. I hate that he plays mav at the point. Welch is a better backup pg.

It helps having Otto and Ralph hurt...I will give Tubby credit for finally keeping Mav grounded and limiting Chip's play.

Having them hurt helps because Tubby cannot play too many people and ruin chemistry. My point is: is this a conscious decision by Tubby for going forward? Or are we going back to hockey line changes in the big ten next year. Also playing Mav anytime except garbage time is a mistake.

Top Bottom