I think M. Gray is the key to recruiting

Deleted_User

Reaction score
If MG passes better than a 100 rating this year, credit the coaches and their motivation to make him a better player, like Limegrover going to Baylor to find ways to improve Gray's performance on the field. It is that kind of leadership that can draw others to the program. Much hangs on that young man's performance.

In the last few games MG was greatly improved. If this progress continues it should be a very interesting season.

If MG passes better than a 100 rating this year, credit the coaches and their motivation to make him a better player, like Limegrover going to Baylor to find ways to improve Gray's performance on the field. It is that kind of leadership that can draw others to the program. Much hangs on that young man's performance.

Not disagreeing with what you're saying, but 100 rating is not that good in college football. In fact, Gray had a 114.5 rating last year.

Gray is key for recruiting because he is what is going to win this team games. And he is going to be the guy in non kick-return highlights.

We need an improved running game with our TB's getting the bulk of the yards and carries. A 4.5 average or more would be great. We need to give the opposing team a reason not to spy on Gray and also worry about the TB. Pound the rock which will help open up the passing game.

IMO, the keys to recruiting are both the OL and DL play. If the OL does a good job, then Gray will get his name mentioned.

So, the source of my stats was so far off the mark, sorry for the wrong QB rating. That said, the recruiting angle is how the coaches helped him grow, with outside coaching as part of the package we will pay for to improve "you" as a player. In other words, our guys are going to be humble and do anything they can to learn how to put "you" in the best position to win over 4 years. I think that is one of the greatest selling point of our program, IMHO.

Top Bottom