i see that pantherhawk is now soiling the espn message boards w/ his crap as well....

It's about the only message boards that he has not been kicked off. Who reads the ESPN message boards anyway?

Our conference opponents have seen through him by now, he's reduced to going to our non-conference opponent boards. It follows a familiar pattern, they initially welcome him, but get sick of him really fast and kick him off. Then he's off to the next non-conference opponent, and it happens all over again.

What a sad, pathetic wretch it is.

Who are you the regulator of the message boards? If you don't like his message just don't read it instead of giving more publicity to it.

well, actually yes i am. was just given the title last week. and i suggest you be a little more careful yourself gophergod......you are treading on some thin ice. ;-)

well, actually yes i am. was just given the title last week. and i suggest you be a little more careful yourself gophergod......you are treading on some thin ice. ;-)

I don't think I will take advise from someone who isn't even an alum of the school, why don't you leave that up to someone who actually graduated from the U.

I don't think I will take advise from someone who isn't even an alum of the school, why don't you leave that up to someone who actually graduated from the U.

Why should we trust someone who claims to be located in San Antonio and Minneapolis? Not to mention someone who can't spell advice. Why do you always defend your fellow trolls?
________
Essential Vaaapp Vaporizer

It's about the only message boards that he has not been kicked off. Who reads the ESPN message boards anyway?

to answer your question...apparently, bronko is among the very few who has time to read the espn message boards...:D:D:D

not sure why he would want to, though???...:eek::eek::eek:

Why should we trust someone who claims to be located in San Antonio and Minneapolis? Not to mention someone who can't spell advice. Why do you always defend your fellow trolls?

It is called a typo, don't care if you don't trust me but I am not running around pretending to own the board like some and getting upset at opposing viewpoints. I unlike some of these people actually did graduate from the University and some of us actually have more of an affiliation with this university beyond what happens in TCF bank stadium a few saturdays a year. I actually did just relocate a while back to Minneapolis from San Antonio with work and haven't changed my location yet.

nm, posted same response twice on accident

It is called a typo, don't care if you don't trust me but I am not running around pretending to own the board like some and getting upset at opposing viewpoints. I unlike some of these people actually did graduate from the University and some of us actually have more of an affiliation with this university beyond what happens in TCF bank stadium a few saturdays a year. I actually did just relocate a while back to Minneapolis from San Antonio with work and haven't changed my location yet.

nice speech! :clap: almost brought me to tears :rolleyes:

anyways, sorry defender of trolls, but you have me pegged all wrong. i may have received my degree from a university that was not called the U of M, but i have watched and rooted for the golden gophers (in all sports) for nearly all of my 30 years. also, i have many relatives along with a sibling who graduated from the U of M (both undergrad & graduate) and therefore i consider the U of M to be my "adopted" university.

so contrary to your little rant i certainly DO CARE about what happens at the U of M (both academically and athletically) far more than just a few saturdays each fall.

to answer your question...apparently, bronko is among the very few who has time to read the espn message boards...:D:D:D

not sure why he would want to, though???...:eek::eek::eek:

actually, i simply clicked on an espn article link (to rittenbergs espn top 30 big ten players of 2009) that someone put here on gopherhole in another thread and there was old pantherhawk plain as day. don't read or post on espn. so sorry to disappoint you dinky!

actually, i simply clicked on an espn article link (to rittenbergs espn top 30 big ten players of 2009) that someone put here on gopherhole in another thread and there was old pantherhawk was plain as day. don't read or post on espn. so sorry to disappoint you dinky!

no problem, bronko...just bustin' your chops...;););)

This is one of those things I don't understand at all. Why do some folks claim you can't be a fan of a team just because they didn't go to the school. I didn't attend the U but my dad is a proud alum. Therefore, I spent much of my childhood around Gopher athletics and have been a Gopher fan my entire life. Yet that doesn't make me a "true" fan? Can someone please explain the logic here?

MRJ - here's your explanation

GopherGod is a whiney obnoxious bitch.

Hey Bronko, you and the other regulators go mount up!

Good question MJ, I'm in the same boat as you, except with the father (or any family member as an alum). I've been a very big fan of both the basketball and football team since I was a young kid and I don't understand how someone has a stake at being a better fan than I because they went to the "U". I also bristle at those who question the loyalty of those who don't have season tickets to the basketball or football team (this was a favorite tactic of The Loon back in his heyday). It reminds me of junior high girls creating categories to exclude others from a select clique.

Good question MJ, I'm in the same boat as you, except with the father (or any family member as an alum). I've been a very big fan of both the basketball and football team since I was a young kid and I don't understand how someone has a stake at being a better fan than I because they went to the "U". I also bristle at those who question the loyalty of those who don't have season tickets to the basketball or football team (this was a favorite tactic of The Loon back in his heyday). It reminds me of junior high girls creating categories to exclude others from a select clique.

From my perspective, it is just confounding. And as an aside, I feel the same way regarding season tickets. I go to tons of games with my dad even to this day, but I'm not the season ticket holder, he is. So, that makes him the better fan? It's just all very confusing. :eek::eek:

This is one of those things I don't understand at all. Why do some folks claim you can't be a fan of a team just because they didn't go to the school. I didn't attend the U but my dad is a proud alum. Therefore, I spent much of my childhood around Gopher athletics and have been a Gopher fan my entire life. Yet that doesn't make me a "true" fan? Can someone please explain the logic here?

You can certainly be a "true fan" without attending the school just as you can be a fan without supporting everything the coaches and or administration do, though some others would like to think differently which is fine. My issue has more to do with someone self-appointing themselves as the ultimate gopher supporter and judge of who a "true fan" is and who should have the right to share their opinions on a free message board(especially when not an alumni) without being the message board administrator. We should all be allowed to post our opinions and if you don't like them then simply skip over them. All things considered equal however I do think alumni should have more of a voice with a university then non alumni, yes and virtually all if not all universities would agree with this. An example of this would be the fact that alumni were given gopherpoints for TCF bank seating preference, possibly because the university realizes these people are by and large your greatest and most loyal supporters.

You can certainly be a "true fan" without attending the school just as you can be a fan without supporting everything the coaches and or administration do, though some others would like to think differently which is fine. My issue has more to do with someone self-appointing themselves as the ultimate gopher supporter and judge of who a "true fan" is and who should have the right to share their opinions on a free message board without being the message board administrator. We should all be allowed to post our opinions and if you don't like them then simply skip over them. All things considered equal do I think alumni should have more of a voice with a university then non alumni, yes and all virtually all if not all universities would agree with this. An example of this would be the fact that alumni were given gopherpoints for TCF bank seating preference, possibly because the university realizes these people are by and large your greatest and most loyal supporters.

Dude, it was a relatively lighthearted shot at pantherhawk. You need to cool your britches. Have you ever read a post from PH? It is hardly a "voice of dissent." Who cares if someone has a little fun with him. You post that someone else is pretending to be kind of the message boards by trying to tell them what they can post? I'm not a U of M grad, but I think they call that irony...or perhaps just dumb.

Dude, it was a relatively lighthearted shot at pantherhawk. You need to cool your britches. Have you ever read a post from PH? It is hardly a "voice of dissent." Who cares if someone has a little fun with him. You post that someone else is pretending to be kind of the message boards by trying to tell them what they can post? I'm not a U of M grad, but I think they call that irony...or perhaps just dumb.

I don't think I told Bronko to stop posting and or go away but I believe he has. It is fine to disagree with posters but to try and get them to leave is trying to control the board and discussions on it. Also my post had little to do with this particular post about pantherhawk but more about the pattern of Bronko attacking and trying to push away from the board any poster that differs from his or her views.

I don't think I told Bronko to stop posting and or go away but I believe he has. It is fine to disagree with posters but to try and get them to leave is trying to control the board and discussions on it. Also my post had little to do with this particular post about pantherhawk but more about the pattern of Bronko attacking and trying to push away from the board any poster that differs from his or her views.

what in the world are you talking about?!? a few times i have basically tossed some well deserved, strongly worded rebuttals in the direction of the following: 4starrecruit (wren), dinkything (loon), headscout, pantherhawk. but as usual you are so right gopherGOD! i mean what in the world was i thinking with that?! these are real "salt of the earth" people and the biggest gopher athletic program, player & coach supporters out there aren't they?! i mean they do nothing but heap good will the gophers way all over the internet. they don't sit here and flame on GH most days do they?

wow do i feel dumb now that you have really put me in me place! thank you sir, may i have another. :rolleyes:

what in the world are you talking about?!? a few times i have basically tossed some well deserved, strongly worded rebuttals in the direction of the following: 4starrecruit (wren), dinkything (loon), headscout, pantherhawk. but as usual you are so right gopherGOD! i mean what in the world was i thinking with that?! these are real "salt of the earth" people and the biggest gopher athletic program, player & coach supporters out there aren't they?! i mean they do nothing but heap good will the gophers way all over the internet. they don't sit here and flame on GH most days do they?

wow do i feel dumb now that you have really put me in me place! thank you sir, may i have another. :rolleyes:

And he is off and running again. Well deserved rebuttals towards flamers as you state is definitely an opinion we do not share, but notice I am still not trying to convince you to leave. As stated before just because someone questions and strives for better from a program does not make them less of a fan. I hope you never ever questioned Monson, Mason, Wacker, Haskins, etc. when they were coaching because by your logic then you were not a true gopher fan then.

You can certainly be a "true fan" without attending the school just as you can be a fan without supporting everything the coaches and or administration do, though some others would like to think differently which is fine. My issue has more to do with someone self-appointing themselves as the ultimate gopher supporter and judge of who a "true fan" is and who should have the right to share their opinions on a free message board(especially when not an alumni) without being the message board administrator. We should all be allowed to post our opinions and if you don't like them then simply skip over them. All things considered equal however I do think alumni should have more of a voice with a university then non alumni, yes and virtually all if not all universities would agree with this. An example of this would be the fact that alumni were given gopherpoints for TCF bank seating preference, possibly because the university realizes these people are by and large your greatest and most loyal supporters.

I don't disagree with anything you said here and certainly agree everyone is entitled to their individual opinions, both in the world and on message boards. And there certainly is a difference between a dissenting point of view and an insulting point of view.

I just bristle at the notion of "well, I went to the school, therefore my opinion matters more because I'm a 'true fan.'" I'm not trying to single anyone out on that either. Rather, it is a point of view that seems prevalent on many college sports message boards, which is why I brought it up for discussion in this context.

I've read some crazy comments on message boards over the years but this may take the cake GopherGod. As someone that attended undergrad and graduate school at institutions other than The U, I couldn't disagree with your comment any more than I do. I will put my passion, loyalty, appreciation for Gopher history, etc. for the Gophers up against anyone - and it has nothing to do with where I went to school. A lifelong love and passion for the maroon and gold isn't defined where one spends four years of his/her life...it's more deep rooted than that for me and many others as I know I'm in the same boat as many a GHer and Gopher fan who didn't attend The U.

Go Gophers!!

If you really want to feel dumber, check out the Strib blog entry from June 2nd, 2009 at 9:59 am

Wow, I didn't realize anybody posted there. When people get banned they go to the Strib Blog I guess. What a loon-atic.

What enjoyment can you possibly get from being a so called gopher fan when you are hoping for failure in the third year of a tenure. That mindset will never cease to amaze me.

Anyone that defends Pantherhawk is a complete moron. His posts are childlike and he has been banned from more boards than anyone I know. It appears some Gopher "fans" take great pride in being anti-Gopher. That does not mean real criticism isn't warranted but to take some sort of joy in defending Pantherhawk, well that makes me question their motives.

I've read some crazy comments on message boards over the years but this may take the cake GopherGod. As someone that attended undergrad and graduate school at institutions other than The U, I couldn't disagree with your comment any more than I do. I will put my passion, loyalty, appreciation for Gopher history, etc. for the Gophers up against anyone - and it has nothing to do with where I went to school. A lifelong love and passion for the maroon and gold isn't defined where one spends four years of his/her life...it's more deep rooted than that for me and many others as I know I'm in the same boat as many a GHer and Gopher fan who didn't attend The U.

Go Gophers!!

I've learned not to take GopherGod too seriously. He posts once in awhile when there's a chance for him to post something negative, then disappears for awhile. I cant' remember when he's posted something positive.

Seriously, just because he graduated from the U doesn't make him any bigger of a fan than you or I.

I've learned not to take GopherGod too seriously. He posts once in awhile when there's a chance for him to post something negative, then disappears for awhile. I cant' remember when he's posted something positive.

Seriously, just because he graduated from the U doesn't make him any bigger of a fan than you or I.

I couldn't agree more! Anyone who has the attitude of "I went to a certain school so I'm soooo superior to you" just comes off looking like a complete douche!!

Top Bottom