I really, really hate Doogie

Curseislifted33

Reaction score
I have had enough with this clown.

Darren Wolfson ‏@DarrenWolfson
I'll repeat what I said during the N'Western and Michigan games: Teague needs to get Kill a day-of-game manager to help him heat of moment.

Isn't that what a coach is?

And I know this is exactly what he is going for and loves all the hits and attention he is getting but I can't deny the fact at how big of a tool he is. I know he reads this and GI but I've had enough of his act.

I'll repeat what I said during the N'Western and Michigan games: Teague needs to get Kill a day-of-game manager to help him heat of moment.

And I know this is exactly what he is going for and loves all the hits and attention he is getting but I can't deny the fact at how big of a tool he is. I know he reads this and GI but I've had enough of his act.

You hate him so much that you follow him on Twitter? Just sayin'...
:p

Say what you want, he has a point.

I do not follow him on Twitter because he is trash. But I decided to look at what his tweets were and he is being childish and very unprofessional. He is coming off as an insecure middle schooler. For example, he is retweeting people's insults with misspellings to try to make them look bad instead of just ignoring it. But all of this bitching is really just going to make him act like more of an @ss hat next time because he knows his words are heard widely.

Say what you want, but the thought that Kill needs to hire an in-game consultant to help during big moments is just idiotic to me.

That's what the role of a head coach is.

In this case, he doesn't have a point. A "day of game manager" is a significant part of what a head coach is. If you want Teague to hire a "day of game manager", you want him to hire a new head coach. There's no way the players are going to listen to one guy 351-352 days a year when another guy has the decision making power on the 13-14 most important days of the year. Either Kill improves in his in game decision making or he doesn't, but there is not an option for someone else to take such responsibility away from a head coach.

I do not follow him on Twitter because he is trash. But I decided to look at what his tweets were and he is being childish and very unprofessional. He is coming off as an insecure middle schooler. For example, he is retweeting people's insults with misspellings to try to make them look bad instead of just ignoring it. But all of this bitching is really just going to make him act like more of an @ss hat next time because he knows his words are heard widely.

Doogie has been an azz-hat often in his young career. He's just acting like 90% of the rest of the TC sports media. As such, he fits right in, and no one makes a big enough stink about it to effect any changes. A few people bitching about him on Gopherhole will get us nowhere. Somebody thinks highly enough about him to employ him. Having detractors follow him on Twitter only helps his career.

One of the biggest faults with Twitter is you can opine when your most upset. A few hours to relax and your opinions are going to much more grounded and not over the top.

Don't hate him. Just dislike some really dumb comments he makes sometimes, tonight for instance. Overall, he has some good analysis.

Don't hate him. Just dislike some really dumb comments he makes sometimes, tonight for instance. Overall, he has some good analysis.

I hate his constant negativity towards Gopher football and the way he goes about his job, not as a person because I've never met him.

By the way, how about the players execute on the field as well! Way to many MISSED WIDE OPEN RECEIVERS tonight by both Nelson and Gray. Not all on Kill. Some, not all.

Doogie is pretty good when talking facts or posting rumors, he's pretty well connected and is often times very informative. I struggle with some of his analysis though, he's learned from some of the worst (Barreiro, Reusse, Souhan and the like) and it shows. The whole lot of them are way too quick to go negative and take cheap shots instead of providing some actual depth and reasoning behind their logic. Calling for an "in game manager" is a prime example, that may be one of the dumbest things I saw posted on the internet this year.

I hate his constant negativity towards Gopher football and the way he goes about his job, not as a person because I've never met him.

Change football to sports, or ANY Minnesota Sports for that matter and you have pigeon holed the WHOLE Twin Cities media. I have lived in many parts of this country and I have never seen more cynical journalism in my life. Every team could go undefeated and there would be a negative angle to it from these hacks...but, they make money because apparently the powers that be think this kind of news is what people want to hear/read. Kinda pathetic really.

Doogie's act is wearing thin. He's a young hybrid of CJ and Sid.

And I agree that was one of the dumbest tweets ever, and plenty of people responded on Twitter.

cncmin - That's the great thing about Twitter, you can follow your enemies and retweet their dumbest tweets.

Oh, poor baby doesn't like the negativity towards his precious plodding, mediocre football team. So sad. Let the man do his job.

Doogie's act is wearing thin. He's a young hybrid of CJ and Sid.

And I agree that was one of the dumbest tweets ever, and plenty of people responded on Twitter.

cncmin - That's the great thing about Twitter, you can follow your enemies and retweet their dumbest tweets.

I'm sure things like this are the reason KFAN fired him. If Meatsauce and Common Man have jobs you know how far down the pecking order Doogie must have been. I'm tired of these media hacks taking shots at the U (and make a living doing it). Should we have won the game? You bet. But you just spent all week telling me this bowl game was meaningless and now your calling for the coaches head? Go to the Vikings game and leave us alone.

Oh, poor baby doesn't like the negativity towards his precious plodding, mediocre football team. So sad. Let the man do his job.

Sorry that I expect our journalists to have some sort of knowledge about the game. Saying that the Gophers should violate the NCAA rules is just plain idiotic.

For those of you that are curious..that is my picture that Maroongopher is using as his moniker and he has decided that me being fat is somehow embarrassing to me...well it isn't. I am fat. I am also smart, funny, successful and have many friends. I am certain he/she does not.

Please be aware that if you have dialogue with Maroongopher and he/she doesn't like what you have to say...expect this type of personal and intrusive attack.

I found this tweet pretty funny. Doogie should just admit that was a really, really, REALLY dumb idea and would never happen.

@FromTheBarn I will repeat what I said. PP needs a day in game manager for @DarrenWolfson for heat in the moment tweet decisions.

My opinion of Doogies work is well documented on this board. Journalism has been reduced to juvenile quips and Doogie is a master at it.

I am really starting to think Doogie is lobbying for Fat Pat's job when he retires. Of course, I have no source, proof or examples to back that up, just like Doogie taught me. :)

I am really starting to think Doogie is lobbying for Fat Pat's job when he retires. Of course, I have no source, proof or examples to back that up, just like Doogie taught me. :)

Now you just need to tweet it so you can actually be doing Doogie's job.

I just don't understand how a "journalist" can openly state the U should violate NCAA regs and still have a job.

Doogie is just another in the long line of worthless Minnesota Sports "Journalists".

He writes 1 or 2 decent articles a year previewing the Gophers, which essentially could have been written by any member of this board. Then he follows it up with constant idiotic tweets and jabs that follow absolutely no sense of logic. He is a hack and absolutely horrid at his job. Again, it has nothing to do with me being upset that he is "negative", it's the fact that he is so dumb that irks people.

I would have had no problem with a tweet saying "You gotta question why Kill did ABC" or "Gopher staff found a way to lose a game they should have wrapped up" , etc, etc.

My problem is the absolute stupidity of an idea it would be for Teague to hire someone for in-game decisions. It's a profoundly dumb idea and it's backhanded way for Doogie to say that Kill is in over his head. Doogie, if you think Kill is in over his head, have the fortitude to simply say it, don't cloak it within one of your profoundly dumb ideas.

His inability to see this not-so-subtle difference is exactly why he gets called a hack and why the MN sports media would be better off if he moved onto another line of work. The day is coming, print and radio is dying off to a point where the stations/newspapers are being forced to make some decisions on which of their recycled hacks need to go.

By the way, how about the players execute on the field as well! Way to many MISSED WIDE OPEN RECEIVERS tonight by both Nelson and Gray. Not all on Kill. Some, not all.

Yes it is! When you are a Monday morning quarterback you know all the answers and what should have been done. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom