I miss our focus on butt slaps, high fives and being gritty.

Stan

Reaction score
Effort tonight was awful. There will be games when we shoot poorly, there will be games when the other team shoots great. We should never be out hustled like we were tonight.

Let's get back to focusing on high gives, butt slaps and grittiness.

GoodasGold

Reaction score
You need to be judicial with butt slaps.

60's Guy

Reaction score
I would say it was our best effort by quite a margin. Learning to play hard at this level takes time...I guarantee they "think" they are playing hard. It's why we needed a tougher non conference schedule. The first three games we won playing at much less effort. Tonight we faced a team that
showed us what it's like to work hard.
Last year we had a group of older guys who were more mature and they wanted to prove they were Big Ten players so they had the where with all experience and motivation to play hard against all teams to prove they belonged.
Young guys need to get their nose rubbed in it to believe they gotta work harder. It's a process. Different teams, different schedule. Our talented freshmen think they'll all leave early for the draft.
The four freshmen do have talent. They just need to play 20 plus minutes every night or we'll do it all over again next year.
AND you need confidence to high 5 and butt slap...also something positive has to happen to warrant the high 5

Holy Man

Reaction score
Effort tonight was awful. There will be games when we shoot poorly, there will be games when the other team shoots great. We should never be out hustled like we were tonight.

Let's get back to focusing on high gives, butt slaps and grittiness.
Not much grittiness so far. Maybe a small spurt last night but agree on the effort assessment.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
I would say it was our best effort by quite a margin. Learning to play hard at this level takes time...I guarantee they "think" they are playing hard. It's why we needed a tougher non conference schedule. The first three games we won playing at much less effort. Tonight we faced a team that
Last year we had a group of older guys who were more mature and they wanted to prove they were Big Ten players so they had the where with all experience and motivation to play hard against all teams to prove they belonged.
Young guys need to get their nose rubbed in it to believe they gotta work harder. It's a process. Different teams, different schedule. Our talented freshmen think they'll all leave early for the draft.
The four freshmen do have talent. They just need to play 20 plus minutes every night or we'll do it all over again next year.
AND you need confidence to high 5 and butt slap...also something positive has to happen to warrant the high 5

Exactly!
You learn ny doing!

Spaulding!No!

Reaction score
the goal is to NOT beat Ben’s 1999 NW team loss records. Get a win in the BT is all I ask for this year.

Dupreefor3

Reaction score
Tough Loss last night, I think 60's guy said it earlier, but I agree that I think the young pups thought they were playing hard and then they went up against a bunch of grown ass men who showed them what playing hard looks like. De Paul a pretty mediocre team, I don't think they'll finish last in their league, think their better than G'town and St. John's, probably have some battle's with Butler, Seton Hall and those type teams for 7th or 8th, but they absolutely took us to the woodshed on the boards last night, sometimes sharks just smell blood in the water and our boys were the bait last night.

Lion King

Reaction score
A little, but not much
Thus they play at Minnesota.

Top Bottom