I know we should move on, but I still think about the game vs Michigan.

dannygopher9100

Reaction score
Gosh it would have been awesome if we had beaten Harbaugh and kept the Jug for a couple more years. It's a shame we don't play Michigan every year. Anyways the whole game I thought to myself "don't get too ahead of yourself, Gophers are going to lose/choke." but when I thought we scored I put that all to waste only to have it come to haunt me. I have to say thought it was a very fun game, night games at TCF should happen more often.

One more observation, the more I see them the more I like the grey jerseys, they should be used on very special occasions only though. I hope we don't retire them after this season.

I like the traditional Maroon and Gold jerseys and white for road sometimes. It was a tough game to lose and would have made a big different for both teams. I doubt Michigan gets their New Year's Day bowl and the Gophers get a better bowl game.

Gosh it would have been awesome if we had beaten Harbaugh and kept the Jug for a couple more years. It's a shame we don't play Michigan every year. Anyways the whole game I thought to myself "don't get too ahead of yourself, Gophers are going to lose/choke." but when I thought we scored I put that all to waste only to have it come to haunt me. I have to say thought it was a very fun game, night games at TCF should happen more often.

One more observation, the more I see them the more I like the grey jerseys, they should be used on very special occasions only though. I hope we don't retire them after this season.
I was over that game 15 minutes after it ended. The grey jerseys were awful unless the team is being re-branded the University of Minnesota Nike Gophers.

I can't hate this thread, because of all the games, this is the one I think of the most as well...
like, all the damn time. To be at the half yard line, with time for 2-3 plays and we don't score.

I think the triple shift Limey called at the goal line in that one single moment, sealed his fate
with Claeys. Running off all that clock with a half yard to win. A half yard from the jug for 3
more years, a half yard from a true bowl berth, a half yard from dumping on Harbaugh.

ONE-HALF YARD.

And those anthracite jerseys were AWESOME! I'd love to see them at least twice a year, maybe
in combos, like dark tops with maroon bottoms.
Those who don't like them tend to be the old nagging fans :)

I can't hate this thread, because of all the games, this is the one I think of the most as well...
like, all the damn time. To be at the half yard line, with time for 2-3 plays and we don't score.

I think the triple shift Limey called at the goal line in that one single moment, sealed his fate
with Claeys. Running off all that clock with a half yard to win. A half yard from the jug for 3
more years, a half yard from a true bowl berth, a half yard from dumping on Harbaugh.

ONE-HALF YARD.

And those anthracite jerseys were AWESOME! I'd love to see them at least twice a year, maybe
in combos, like dark tops with maroon bottoms.
Those who don't like them tend to be the old nagging fans :)

This^^^
Couldn't agree more. When Limey was fired, I thought of the end to this game as his Waterloo.

I was watching the game at a friend's house, drinking whiskey next to a Michigan fan (a really good guy). I had two quick shots when that quarterback sneak failed. Although, now that I think about it, I probably would have had two quick shots even if he had scored.

I was watching the game at a friend's house, drinking whiskey next to a Michigan fan (a really good guy). I had two quick shots when that quarterback sneak failed. Although, now that I think about it, I probably would have had two quick shots even if he had scored.

Guessing you are right Urbandale. Life is good! Next play!!!

ONE-HALF YARD)

Can we be 100% sure Limey called it after Claeys revealed Z was for all intents and purposes passing game coordinator? If Claeys didn't decide to fire them that night it certainly put the idea in his head. The failure to score from 1 foot out was a microcosm of what was wrong with the Limey offense; goofy play calls at critical moments and weak OL play.

Have people forgotten the lead we had blown to even get to that point? The defense which was suppose to be the best part of our team let Michigan score a TD and get the 2 pt conversion... Stop either one of those two things and none of this ever happens. I blame the defense more than our offense. Our offense had already over achieved that game and had over achieved again to get the ball down to the 1 foot line....

Top Bottom