I know--I shouldnt start another thread on the 1st down chant

Nope.

The current first down cheer is JUST FINE, and students LOVE it and get into it when the game is close and we are driving down the field....the band even has the little bit they play after each time. Going to vote yes in poll now :D

I remember when I used to sit in the student section I always seemed to be one of the few who knew/cared to do the cadence/chant that the band does after the GGFD cheer. It seems like the students have picked up on it now (though it gets rushed like everything else). I always liked it and still do it. :)

In my opinion, whether its the announcement itself or the guy doing it, it does sound bush league...I don't care if the entire SEC does it either. Maybe they don't need to abolish it all together but only do it inside the 50 or 40 yard line...that way it doesn't wear on people all game long and is announced when fans are jacked up from the anticipation of scoring.

Only doing a traditional cheer some of the time makes it more "bush" IMO. You either do it or you don't.

Top Bottom