I just selected my seats... thoughts

Go Gophers Rah

Section 238 Row 21
Reaction score
I was # 13,000 +/-
I had a few choices to make. I was willing to do the $100 premium, but $250 (or $1,000 for all 4 of my tickets) was just too much money.
I could have been:

- in the first few rows from the 10-25 yard lines, but I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to see 75% of the game from such a flat angle of view
- in the $100 section on the visitors side upper deck. I mapped out the proximity to the opposing fan bases and decided that I really didn't want to be that close to them.
- I did look at some $250 seats, but they weren't better by enough of a magnitude to make it worth it to me.

Ultimately, I ended up in section 238 (at around the 15 yard line on the closed end) six rows down from the top of the stadium (row 21).

I guess I am a little disappointed in my location given that I had spent the previous 5 years paying the GLC an extra $700 a year to be at the 30 yard line and that I gave the university $1,700 last year to move me up in the pecking order. I presumed that more of the people ahead of me would have purchased the $250/$500 tickets and that, by attrition, I would have ended up with better seats.

In the end, however, I am very happy to have my seats and am looking forward to decades of fun in the Vault.

Go Gophers

Welcome to section 238 ! It should make you feel good to know that this will be my 19th year with season tickets and I am thrilled with my seats, which by the way are a couple of rows below you.

Go Gopher, you should be very exited about your seats in Gopher Stadium and don't look back at what might have been. The experience of watching a football game in Gopher Stadium is going to be light years ahead of the Meto Dome - no matter where you are sitting

Welcome to the 2-3-8 Club

500px-MN-238.svg.png

I don't think the $100 donation tickets in the upper deck visitor side are close to visiting fans. I think you are several sections away. I'm hoping to get those tickets. So you chose tickets at the 15 instead of at the 30 where the $100 donation is. Still you will enjoy your tickets and will always be in the shade (if that is what you want).

I don't think the $100 donation tickets in the upper deck visitor side are close to visiting fans. I think you are several sections away. I'm hoping to get those tickets. So you chose tickets at the 15 instead of at the 30 where the $100 donation is. Still you will enjoy your tickets and will always be in the shade (if that is what you want).

I don't think he meant they were close (as in right by) the $100 seats, just that he didn't want to be as near to the opposing fans as those seats would put him. In other words, he really doesn't want to be on the same side of the field as a group of Becky fans and really, who can blame him? :)

Why Should I Bother Posting on Here?

Since I'm in 238, too - we can just discuss things first person. It sounds as if a confidentiality pledge/sworn oath may be a good idea. I am normally pretty even-keeled, but sometimes I get so "in" to the game - odd and spontaneous things have come out of my mouth.

I refer to it as my own way of "speaking in tongues".

The credo should be: "What happens (or is said) in 238, stays in 238".

Good get on the road sign, norman dale . . . .

I think those are going to be great seats and the best among those currently available, given my preferences. We almost ended up sitting within a row of each other; I went back and forth for a long time between Sec. 238, Row 20, Seats 19-22 (at about the 17 or 18 yard line) and what I ultimately chose on Wednesday (Sec. 137, Row 10, basically what we had in the Dome but at about the 5 yard-line instead of the 13-14 yard-lines). In 238, you are right across the aisle from those paying an extra $1,525 per ticket for the outdoor club seats. Not too bad! :) -Joe

In other words, he really doesn't want to be on the same side of the field as a group of Becky fans and really, who can blame him? :)

I don't know, I would love to be the person who sneaks in some stink bombs and whips them four or five rows behind me into the becky section "accidentally" while we are celebrating a gopher touchdown. Just my opinion. :)

I don't think he meant they were close (as in right by) the $100 seats, just that he didn't want to be as near to the opposing fans as those seats would put him. In other words, he really doesn't want to be on the same side of the field as a group of Becky fans and really, who can blame him? :)

You nailed it. I live 35 miles from Wisconsin and that is too damned close!

I don't want to be anywhere near those people.

Welcome to 238

I got mine yesterday in rows 19 and 20. I think they will be great seats.

I had a moment or two of buyers remorse as well.. I was afraid row 9 might be too close to the action. I was in the 10th row at the Dome and had zero problems seeing the field. With the new stadium I really have no idea. After my moment of doubt I remembered that the players will still be able to look up to my section and give me the signal that the next TD is for me. That is what will get be by until Fall.

I went with 212, row 21. $100 donation seems ok and I'm going to love the sunshine and view of the Mpls skyline that the visiting side affords.

I think those are going to be great seats and the best among those currently available, given my preferences. We almost ended up sitting within a row of each other; I went back and forth for a long time between Sec. 238, Row 20, Seats 19-22 (at about the 17 or 18 yard line) and what I ultimately chose on Wednesday (Sec. 137, Row 10, basically what we had in the Dome but at about the 5 yard-line instead of the 13-14 yard-lines). In 238, you are right across the aisle from those paying an extra $1,525 per ticket for the outdoor club seats. Not too bad! :) -Joe

From the 10th row where your seats will be, I'm sure action down at your end of the field will be spectacular. My worry is the action on the other end of the field. How is the perspective? I'm worried that watching a sweep around the end will look the same weather the guy loses 5 yards or gains 10. Love to hear your insight from your seats in the dome.

So, you're #13,000, how many total are there? I'm number 72 on the waiting list, curious how close we are getting towards the end.

I have another pair of tickets that I didn't average with my higher ranked ones. Those are around 27k and pick on May 20. I think we have at least another month of picking.

Need to change my name to Section 243.

It came down to 243 vs 238. Two factors that favored 243: 1) I don't want to be near drunk college kids. Sure, I'll be drunk but I'm in my 30s. Drunk & over 30 = fine; drunk & under 30 = douche bags. 2) Less people at this end of the stadium equals smaller concession & bathroom lines. At least that's what I told myself.

this has nothing to do about this thread, but i dont want to start a new one... Regarding the gate entrances...why are they putting those silver roofs (for lack of a better term) over them??? they look ugly and make no sense as the stadium has an overhang anyway so it cant be weather. This (roof?) cuts the entrance arch halfway up.. anyone know what im talking about, and have an opinion??

Took a good look at the stadium today and I wished I went for the upper deck when I chose my seats. I think the view of the field will be outstanding from there. I'll be in row 28 in lower deck but it sure looked like a better view on the top.

238 here as well. Row 23/24 with a group of friends. From everyone I've talked to that has been there say the upper deck seats have a great view and feel right on top of the game. All signs point to them being great seats.

We had the same choices others were making, but decided on 238 because of scoreboard view+proximity to other fans+one person's worry about sun.

I don't want to be near drunk college kids. Sure, I'll be drunk but I'm in my 30s. Drunk & over 30 = fine; drunk & under 30 = douche bags.

thats funny... i find myself getting more anxious. i pick on thursday. i thought for sure i knew what i was going to do, but ive been second guessing myself lately

My tix? Let's just say when Pete Carroll comes....

We'll see how it all works out....When Pete Carroll and USC come to town, I'm gonna swipe Pete's hat. That ought to tell you where I picked!

Quote: "this has nothing to do about this thread, but i dont want to start a new one... Regarding the gate entrances...why are they putting those silver roofs (for lack of a better term) over them??? they look ugly and make no sense as the stadium has an overhang anyway so it cant be weather. This (roof?) cuts the entrance arch halfway up.. anyone know what im talking about, and have an opinion??"

I could not agree more with you. Although the overall design of Gopher Stadium is fantastic, the architects really blew it with those silver canopies.

Very good choice...

We'll see how it all works out....When Pete Carroll and USC come to town, I'm gonna swipe Pete's hat. That ought to tell you where I picked!

Guarding the opponents entrance tunnel is a little known strategy employed by the greatest coaches of all time!!!!....

I picked for my parents last week and they are in section 238 too. They're in row 20 on the "I" in Minnesota which I believe should equat to close to the 17-18 yard line.

Need to change my name to Section 243.

It came down to 243 vs 238. Two factors that favored 243: 1) I don't want to be near drunk college kids. Sure, I'll be drunk but I'm in my 30s. Drunk & over 30 = fine; drunk & under 30 = douche bags. 2) Less people at this end of the stadium equals smaller concession & bathroom lines. At least that's what I told myself.

This is actually Mr. Gopherfaith (Highwayman)...we were around 11,000 and went with 244, row 5, middle, with our 6 seats.

The concessions/bathroom thing as well and only lose 5 yards laterally. Plus the first three rows in the second deck are "down," so we're only two up from the section entrance. Also, most people in our row will be going out on either side of us, not through us. We'll be the "pains in the butts".

We could have been in 243, row 18, but we have been spoiled being in 223, row 1 all these years. We will have a great view of the open end 50 yards and especially the "and goal" plays. Plus, the scoreboard is "right there" in front of us. We were basically behind "home plate" second deck at the dome and these seats will be a great improvement for us.

upper deck chairbacks vs lower deck bench

Anyone either last week or that is going to pick this week deciding between in the upper deck chairbacks vs being over one section and selecting seats in the bench section. I will have that decision soon and I am thinking this is a toss up. There are great seats in the lower level (almost at any row level or corner) on benches that should be great seats. I was in the upper deck at the metrodome and these lower level seats look appealing.

Does anyone else have these decisions to make this week or have made last week and what other variables are you looking at in deciding.

Another question--both decks share a concourse correct that is in middle (upper lower level or near the lower upper level) Is the walk up from the lower rows or the walk down in the upper levels a big factor. Anyone who has toured the stadium have any comments on the stairs (steepness, distance etc)

I Pick on Thursday

Choice seats should not be a problem. I didn't think there would be that many great options available. I didn't think that the people with the lowest numbers would be so cheap.

Go Gophers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

upper deck chairbacks vs lower deck bench

Maroon92,

I have the same choice this week. I've been in 125 at the dome, row 22 (basically behind home plate). They were fine and I didn't mind the corner because the seats were angled toward the action. I'll probably go upper deck for the chairbacks at TCF. From what everyone says that has had a tour, posted pictures, and from what I can see from outside the fence, the upper deck is soooooo much closer to the action than the dome. I've watched a few games at the dome from the 2nd deck at there is zero atmosphere up there. I'm hoping that's not the case in the 2nd deck at TCF.

Top Bottom