I hope we don’t….

If it happens, it might be more of a controlled shuffle down to the field.
200w.gif

Rushing the field would rank right up there with the embarrasment of a 6-2 team rushing the field against 24th ranked Nebraska. Probably would top it.

I am certain the students of the Fleck Era are not that dumb. And yes I know Fleck hasn't beat Iowa.

Rushing the field would rank right up there with the embarrasment of a 6-2 team rushing the field against 24th ranked Nebraska. Probably would top it.

I am certain the students of the Fleck Era are not that dumb. And yes I know Fleck hasn't beat Iowa.
It was the first time we beat nebraska since *checks notes* 1960.

It was the first time we beat nebraska since *checks notes* 1960.
3rd game since they joined the conference. Nobody cares. Kill era students rushed the field for stupid reasons. Like beating an unranked Iowa for the 2nd year in a row in 2011. Followed it up in 2013 against a barely ranked Huskers team.

Thankfully field rushes have been mostly earned since then.

I was there, it was fun.

I'm only kind of embarrassed now that you pointed it out:confused:

3rd game since they joined the conference. Nobody cares. Kill era students rushed the field for stupid reasons. Like beating an unranked Iowa for the 2nd year in a row in 2011. Followed it up in 2013.

I don't think those were their reasons.

So, in the new, modern era of football, we're all for complicated, choreographed celebrations after scoring TDs, but we're against fans storming the field after big wins in huge rivalry games... because it's undignified?

I hope we beat 'em, and then the P.A. plays, "In Heaven, There is No Beer."

Hopefully they blast it out nice and loud, so Ferentz can hear it in the Iowa locker room. Keep your timeouts, Kirk.

I’ll just say this. While I wouldn’t storm the field, I’d rather win the game and take all the ridicule in the world from the talking heads because of those who did storm, than lose to Iowa another time.

I hope Mo, and the potential field stormers, have their running shoes on tomorrow!!

I wouldn’t be ‘upset’. Just said I personally hope we don’t, feel like it should be reserved for huge upsets or ranked games…. Was more a matter of getting peoples opinions on if they think we will or not…. Looking like we definitely will lol!!! You guys have fun! I guess I’m just jealous of everyone cus I couldn’t make the trip from L.A. so I don’t want everyone to have fun without me haha jk

RTB. Ski U Mah. Go Gophers!
Very unlikely I’d go on the field. But if students want to go nuts—go nuts. It’s fun for them. We never beat Iowa.

Then how about you not rush the field and let the people who want to do it?

Then how about you not rush the field and let the people who want to do it?
Do it. This thread is full of talkers. Let’s see if the field is stormed.

This always being discussed days in advance is kind of funny to me. I’ll give props to the students who started it in 2011 and 2013. At least they didn’t pre plan it on a message board even if it was hilariously unwarranted.

Last edited:

Yes, That was probably the biggest win in modern program history, undefeated, we were on top of the world literally thinking Rose Bowl or bust. This would just be a cool win to get the pig. I feel like ESPN would make fun of us
People go to sporting events to have fun. If they want to rush the field in a safe way, just let them have their fun. Who cares what anyone else thinks?

I think if they felt entitled to tear down a goalpost after a win at our home field, we certainly should have no reservations about storming our own field after a win.
We gotta stop talking about the goalposts... it was 20 years ago. Time to move on.

3rd game since they joined the conference. Nobody cares. Kill era students rushed the field for stupid reasons. Like beating an unranked Iowa for the 2nd year in a row in 2011. Followed it up in 2013 against a barely ranked Huskers team.

In 2011 the team had just been pounded for weeks. They lost 58-0 to Michigan and North Dakota State. It was a surprise win against a rival by a bad team. Celebrate when you can

I hope we beat 'em, and then the P.A. plays, "In Heaven, There is No Beer."

Hopefully they blast it out nice and loud, so Ferentz can hear it in the Iowa locker room. Keep your timeouts, Kirk.
Anybody know what the noise was they played in the Metro Dump when the fans tried to go out the revolving doors with a section of the goal post? Could It be tapped into the visiting lockerroom?

Apparently it's sonic torture to Iowegians.
giphy.gif

Do it. This thread is full of talkers. Let’s see if the field is stormed.

This always being discussed days in advance is kind of funny to me. I’ll give props to the students who started it in 2011 and 2013. At least they didn’t pre plan it on a message board even if it was hilariously unwarranted.
Yet here you are discussing it days in advance.

I don't care if they storm the field after every win.....it's not about us middle-aged guys on this website. The recruits at the game would love it. The students would love it. That's what the Bank needs.....more energy.

As long as students start it... I'm game! Life is about small moments, and you gotta grab those joyful moments where you can.

I think part of what makes college football so much more fun than the pros is you feel like you are part of something more.

We gotta stop talking about the goalposts... it was 20 years ago. Time to move on.
It's a bit much.

It was a semi amusing moment but also I was there and it was a less than super fun game and there's something about folks bringing it up as "LOL Iowa" where ... we got beat ... it's a weird dynamic for me but hey if they want to talk about it.

Top Bottom