I hope the wagons are circled tightly

Ole

Reaction score
Things have been ugly this week around gopher nation, we can all see that, some ignore it, some confront it, some add to the uproar, others long for days past, some look towards days to be.

Some fans have had it with the coach, others with the QB, others with the lines, others with the D

The media thinks the team is a joke, the coach is a joke, and everything gopher related is a punching bag( Mike F'in Pomeranz was ripping the gophers last night, like he has a clue other than the box scores)

The team is banged up again in Nov, how badly we don't know. Execution has been poor for 2 weeks, offense dreadful at times this year, defense dreadful at times this year.

The athletic department is saving money sending the team on a bus down that horrible trip south on 35(honest to god anyone that defends Iowa's beauty needs to get a clue, it's a mudhole next to a cornfield, next to a pig farm between two rivers)

Now we go to face a BCS contender with a vicious and physical style of play, things look bleak.

However, in the face of this, we need to remember the game is played for a reason. Indiana, Arkansas St, Northern Ill, and Northwestern took it to this team at home. We have had runs of greatness, 500 yards against MSU, a dominant performance against NW, clutch defense against Syr and AF and Purdue. We've come from behind in the 4th quarter 4 times, we DO have some talent.
And we have a group of seniors who have gone through a stretch of some of the toughest years for MN football since who knows when. 1-11, 55-0, L to NDSU.
These seniors have done so with class and leadership that I hope most Gopher fans can appreciate.
They may very well go down 35 and lose, but maybe, just maybe all the frustrations, all the media BS, and boos at home, all the blood, sweat, and tears will drive them to victory.
I'll be cheering them on til the clock strikes 00:00 like I did last year at the dome.
I'm really hoping the rest of Gopher Nation will be too.
Go Gophers.

We'll all be ready to rock and roll come game time-hoping the g-men are as well. Need to start fast and keep them off their gameplan. If something isn't working, brew needs to change it, and fast - schemes, personnel, etc

GREAT POST!! I want OUR freakin' pig back!

Good post! I'm sure the team is well aware that they don't have to save themselves for next week. I can't imagine anyone wanting this more than the players, especially the seniors. I regret that I won't be making the trip down to Iowa City this weekend to cheer them on to victory. On second thought, maybe that is a good thing since I've never been present at a Gopher road victory.

Lay it all out. For Gopher pride and Floyd of Rosedale!

Go Gophers!!!

Top Bottom