I hate to put this on the players, but

#93fanclub

Reaction score
somebody's going to have to carry this team. The coaches are not capable of leading them. In my opinion, none of the captains are capable of inspiring what we need (no disrespect to Jon Hoese intended). Marquise, please tell your team members to hop on your back. Inspire this team to play with heart and desire. Motivate the defense to want to smack the crap out of their opponent on every play even if it isn't good technique. Get them to play with an attitude. Do not let the certainty of a coaching change lull the team into complacency. Go out there and play like you are 12 years old and how about we just have a little fun playing the game again? I really think that is the heart of the problem...too much thinking by a coaching staff with no proven winning strategy. We can't think our way out of this box...I think we need to start punching. Stop worrying about making mistakes and play with instinct. In high school, when things were going rough, the players would call a meeting without the coaches. If you haven't already done so, go for it. Make this your team.

We have an All-American caliber player.

He needs to have the ball in his hands as much as possible.

We have an All-American caliber player.

He needs to have the ball in his hands as much as possible.

I agree. It looked last night like our 3 best players were WR's IMO...

I would get the ball in Gray's hands as much as possible and look to build for 2011.

I don't know about moving Gray. And frankly, after his great start as a WR, I don't know if he'd want to move. The kid is going to be a very high draft pick as a WR. He may want to remain out there.

If they change coaches and go back to the spread, he will be the QB next year. I just don't think they'd go to the spread mid-season and I don't know if Gray's skill-set is built for the pro-set formation.

Top Bottom