I drank the Kool-Aid and was wrong!!!

lakesgopher

Reaction score
I truly believed Brewster was leading the Gophers in a very positive direction. Recruiting was better all around, Brew rebuilt lost relationships in the Minnesota High Schools that Mason destroyed, and he built a buzz around the U that I havent seen in my life! I thought we finally had some real depth being built for a program! Most of this I still believe, but after the loss Brewster needs to be fired. We should never lose to a Dakota school, a Dakota school should never be in the game when we play them. Brewster failed our kids, our school, and our state.

What happens next? Well, our football program is going to get trashed by Minnesota's Media. Recruits are looking at us and deciding we arent moving forward and they are going to be Hawkeyes and Badgers.

My thoughts, We fire Brewster, and then the next day we fire Maturi. Then we bring in an aggressive A.D. and we pay out of our ass for a legitimate coach with a positive track record. Honestly, a new coach is going to inherit a nice balance of talent and we can make this a smooth transition.

The likely, we will sit on our hands, get something like Craig Bohl from NDSU, and this mess never gets fixed. Im pissed!

The likely, we will sit on our hands, get something like Craig Bohl from NDSU, and this mess never gets fixed. Im pissed!

I'd LOVE Coach Bohl over Brew right now. Bohl would actually have some talent to coach.. And considering he's already been known to knock off teams that were supposed to be far superior than his (MN and now Kansas), it's already a step up from Brew.

I have to say that was a poor comment. Bohl > Brew.

I advocated for Bohl in 2007, but it will be different this time around. We need a coach that will provide us instant credibility by their name recognition. We'll need this to keep our talent from transferring, to keep recruits interested and to keep butts in seats. Craig Bohl is certainly a very good coach (much better than Brewster in my opinion), but he wont supply the credibility we need.

I truly believed Brewster was leading the Gophers in a very positive direction. Recruiting was better all around, Brew rebuilt lost relationships in the Minnesota High Schools that Mason destroyed, and he built a buzz around the U that I havent seen in my life! I thought we finally had some real depth being built for a program! Most of this I still believe, but after the loss Brewster needs to be fired. We should never lose to a Dakota school, a Dakota school should never be in the game when we play them. Brewster failed our kids, our school, and our state.

What happens next? Well, our football program is going to get trashed by Minnesota's Media. Recruits are looking at us and deciding we arent moving forward and they are going to be Hawkeyes and Badgers.

My thoughts, We fire Brewster, and then the next day we fire Maturi. Then we bring in an aggressive A.D. and we pay out of our ass for a legitimate coach with a positive track record. Honestly, a new coach is going to inherit a nice balance of talent and we can make this a smooth transition.

Might happen sooner than you think if the season begins to tank!

Top Bottom