I dont know much about Edsall...

holygopher!

Reaction score
But it looks like, as of the past 10 min, he MIGHT be the guy. One thing I know officially is that no one knows officially whats going on. But if he is, does anyone know much about him, what kind of guy is he, what offense or defense does he run, how is he at recruiting?

Hot rumor right now has Edsall going to the U (Miami) I give up.

All I know is that he is the third wheel of coaches at UConn, behind Calhoun & Auriemma.

Hot rumor right now has Edsall going to the U (Miami) I give up.

They seem much more concerned about that on UCONN Scout board. We haven't even come up in conversation. That will make their tears taste better, I suppose.

UConn is not impressive... they are average. I guess he's better than Al Golden though.

His record in conference play is extremely unimpressive. 21-26 with only 2 winning seasons (counting this year) out of 7.

Edsall's recruiting

Ranking Big East
2010 8th
2009 6th
2008 8th
2007 7th
2006 7th

His record in conference play is extremely unimpressive. 21-26 with only 2 winning seasons (counting this year) out of 7.

Not saying he's a home run, but it's worth noting UConn was a D1-AA in football when he coached there from 2000 - 2003. That's not a recipe for immediate success upon moving to FBS, particularly in an AQ conference (yes, I know ut's the Big Least).

Plus, their stadium is off campus (30 miles or so). Not the greatest environment for success.

He's averaged 8 wins the last 4 years.

A little better then a Mason hire. He recruits like Mason

He's averaged 8 wins the last 4 years.

Nice spin, you a UW fan? Go back 5 years and include his 4-8 season in 2006. Three of the last 5seasons he has a losing record in league. Best record in league is a Mason-esqe 5-2. Tell us how great UW has been since 1993 and then add that that is when the "modern era" of college football began.

To me Edsall = kind of yawnerific, and his hiring would be anti-exciting and very anti-climactic, which is kind of in line with his so-so coaching record. He might be a good coach, but I would hope we could do better than that.

Top Bottom