I Don't Care What The Polls Say

DoubleAlum

Reaction score
After our last 3 games, we are a top 25 team in the country.

Moral victories!!!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

im saying right now at this moment. Go find another team that played 3 top 10 teams in the nation as well as we did. We're very good right now.

playing it close doesn't prove anything-- you could say we barely beat CSU and Kent State and would counter the close losses

Right. CSU and Kent St. should be top 25 teams in the country!

im saying right now at this moment. Go find another team that played 3 top 10 teams in the nation as well as we did. We're very good right now.

So good we'll be the first top 25 team to miss a bowl game!!!!!

I really hope he is not a Minnesota grad because this is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

I really hope he is not a Minnesota grad because this is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Whats dumb is not understanding what we did the last 3 games. That's moronic in fact.

Lol, with a defense this bad you can't be top 25

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You think it's all about the W/L column. Wrong!

Actually, it is. That's why no one is talking about our team in the post game and that's why no one wrote much about us after the last two "moral victories." If the Gophers win the last two games, then people will start talking and writing about them. If not, they'll drift into obscurity like other losing teams.

If we truly are a top 25 team (which I don't believe), then we should walk all over Illinois next week, right?

We are close to being a good team , in the sense TCU lost a lot of close games in 2013. They were not as bad as their record and neither are we. I don't think we are top 25 with this inconsistent defense. Next year, I think we have a very good chance as the offense is really opening up and the injured will be back to speed.

Good football teams do not lose over half their games, no matter the quality of opponent or the refs... We've lost 4 games vs top 15 teams, and I had thought we were over moral victories at this point....

I'll bite.

Let's frame this a different way for fun.

Let's say the Gophers enter the Michigan game 6-0 and lose to #15, #3 and #5 in the fashion that we saw. Would we still be in the Top 25?

My answer is no. There aren't currently any 3-loss teams in the Top 25. Maybe "recieving votes".

Be gentle on DoubleAlum. I think I sort of see where he's going with his post...

There's been a ton of adversity this season.
No excuses, not our year.
But it bodes well for next year.

I get what the OP is saying. Obviously, at 4-6 you will never be in the polls...but on a pure philosophical point of view, I also believe we may be one of the top 25 teams in the country. We're better than Navy...that's for sure.

Top Bottom