I despise the NCAA

Trevor Lawrence, qb for clemson, set up a "gofundme" page for help with corona.

That's an NCAA violation. So he had to take it down.

You can't use your likeness to raise funds.

You can't make up what the NCAA allows and what it restricts.

They probably did it because they couldn't skim 30% off the top into their pockets.

Good job everyone saying it was the NCAA. Love how fact checked our society is

The bigger question is, which one of those two has the prettiest hair?

Unfortunate there is not a common sense feature to it that would allow for something like this to be ok. It is a slippery slope though which would be really easy for people to exploit if they did not have the rule in place.

Unfortunate there is not a common sense feature to it that would allow for something like this to be ok. It is a slippery slope though which would be really easy for people to exploit if they did not have the rule in place.
Sounds like it is ok in this case.

It seems like this was a misinterpretation by Clemson's compliance team. I'm guessing they were trying to be conservative, especially since he's so recognizable and such a key component of the team. I don't blame them for being cautious, as the last thing you want to do is find out he'll be ineligible next year over this.

Top Bottom