I blame our Defense

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
And the refs...

I'm sorry but our defense lost us that game. They had the chance to step up many times on that last drive and stop them. The defense let them score a TD and the defense allowed the 2 pt conversion. Stop either one of those and we win the game. The defense was suppose to be the reason we won games this year and that is 2 disappointing performances in a row wasting some of our best offensive performances.

The refs were horrible the whole game.

That last TD Michigan scored on 3rd & 10, and then failing to stop the 2-pt conversion was awful.

Both of those plays had just as much as the last 19 seconds in regards to losing the game

The D was probably getting a little winded, and Speight looked good under tremendous pressure.

Two reasons the certainty that OT would have gone our way should be questioned. Now if it had been Shane Morris, we would have won going away. Kudos to Speight.

That last TD Michigan scored on 3rd & 10, and then failing to stop the 2-pt conversion was awful.

Both of those plays had just as much as the last 19 seconds in regards to losing the game

True. The coaches seemed to set up the defense to stop the run. That worked well and probably was the right strategy. Our pass defense hasn't been all it was cracked up to be earlier in the season. I still think the primary reason is the lack of an effective pass rush. Despite one really good hit on Rudock last night, their QBs still had too much time.

The D was probably getting a little winded, and Speight looked good under tremendous pressure.

Two reasons the certainty that OT would have gone our way should be questioned. Now if it had been Shane Morris, we would have won going away. Kudos to Speight.

No, you're dead wrong. He's their backup QB and he was awful. That's why it was so stupid not to force OT. (sarcasm).

The defense on the two point conversion was terrible - there was no one within 5 yards of the receiver right in the middle of the endzone,. Stop that play and we don't have to go on and on about the last 19 seconds. You kick the field goal and keep the Jug.

True. The coaches seemed to set up the defense to stop the run. That worked well and probably was the right strategy. Our pass defense hasn't been all it was cracked up to be earlier in the season. I still think the primary reason is the lack of an effective pass rush. Despite one really good hit on Rudock last night, their QBs still had too much time.

Yeah, the only play that the pass rush truly broke up a play was that 4th down at the end of the half

I've always felt last year and this year that it was always overplayed how ahead the defense was/is ahead of the offense. Felt gopher fans have always been overrating our D and underrating our O quite a bit. Last year they both ranked the exact same in Big Ten scoring, sixth.

And the refs...

I'm sorry but our defense lost us that game. They had the chance to step up many times on that last drive and stop them. The defense let them score a TD and the defense allowed the 2 pt conversion. Stop either one of those and we win the game. The defense was suppose to be the reason we won games this year and that is 2 disappointing performances in a row wasting some of our best offensive performances.

The refs were horrible the whole game.

What has happened to our dbacks that were supposed to be some of the best?. The pressure from the dline was better but still not where it needs to be.

What has happened to our dbacks that were supposed to be some of the best?. The pressure from the dline was better but still not where it needs to be.

The early PI calls and the lack of pass rush doomed our dbacks last night. Their QBs looked pretty comfortable in the pocket all night.

I would definately agree that our offense looked better than defense last night (and in the previous game as well). That was especially impressive against the #1 scoring defense in the country.

It would be nice to have a game in which two out of the three phases (offense, defense, special teams) had a good showing. In games where all 3 played well, I think we would play like the team we were all hoping for in August.

Clayes never did have a corner blitz setup. With a rookie QB that was an oversite

Seemed like Michigan really targeted Ayinde quite a bit last night and he didn't have a very good game. Noticed BBC and Murray both yelling at him after the last Michigan TD.

Top Bottom