I Believe That I Heard lakesbison with The Common Man

50PoundHead

Reaction score
I was driving back from Brainerd and was listening to Common and there was a call from "NDSU guy" or some other moniker. The caller said he was flying out to watch the Bison (Common didn't know the team name right off the top of his head, for which I must compliment Mr. Cole) in Eastern Washington, where NDSU would play on the "red turf."

I have only seen Eastern Washington's red playing surface mentioned one other place and that was here in a lakesbison post. Coincidence or a Sherlock Holmes moment for me?

Here's a Sherlock Holmes moment for you: Figure out why you would listen to that show.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and he's been on the air for quite some time, but I find the guy unlistenable.

Possibly, but I think he goes by LakesBison when he calls KFAN, they love to take any caller who wants to rip on the Gophers. For all his talk about being a Gopher fan except when they play the Bison, that looks like nonsense. We have a number of people who are both Gopher fans except when they play the Bison, but I have never seen Lakes post anything here that wasn't either smack against the Gophers or a post about NDSU. The other Bison fans who post here generally post about the Gophers. And Lakes forgets that people can read his posts on Bisonville.

NDSU PLAYING EWU THIS WEEKEND. DRIVING OUT THERE AS WE SPEAK

LAST 5 MINNESOTA MR FOOTBALL'S ARE ON NDSU. ALSO HAVE A LOT OF OTHER MINNESOTA GUYS THAT "WEREN'T GOOD ENOUGH FOR BREWSTER." (I USED QUOTATIONS BECAUSE I WAS JOKING. THEY ARE ALL GOOD ENOUGH TO START AT MINNESOTA). ALSO HAVE ZACH VRAA - FASTEST 100 YARD DASH TIME EVER RECORDED IN MINNESOTA. PLUS BILLY TURNER, BEST LINEMAN IN THE STATE LAST YEAR

C'MON GUYS, GET ON BOARD, CHEER FOR YOUR HOMETOWN TEAM

Here's a Sherlock Holmes moment for you: Figure out why you would listen to that show.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and he's been on the air for quite some time, but I find the guy unlistenable.

I used to be a Common Man regular and hardly listen anymore, but I just think his tongue-in-cheek delivery of some extremely ridiculous opinions can still be funny. The only time I listen now is when I'm on the road and it's Science Friday on MPR. In my estimation, Common's show has suffered since KFAN started making him talk with Rosen and other "celebs" instead of letting him field calls for two hours and go off on tangents mixed with the occasional rant.

LAST 5 MINNESOTA MR FOOTBALL'S ARE ON NDSU. ALSO HAVE A LOT OF OTHER MINNESOTA GUYS THAT "WEREN'T GOOD ENOUGH FOR BREWSTER." (I USED QUOTATIONS BECAUSE I WAS JOKING. THEY ARE ALL GOOD ENOUGH TO START AT MINNESOTA). ALSO HAVE ZACH VRAA - FASTEST 100 YARD DASH TIME EVER RECORDED IN MINNESOTA. PLUS BILLY TURNER, BEST LINEMAN IN THE STATE LAST YEAR

Pretty good effort, but you also have to throw in random made-up stats that are in no way believable.

Holy god there's so much crap in that quote it's unbelievable, it's like Brewster took over the NDSU program!

So ALL the NDSU minnesotans would start for the gophers?
Vraa wasn't even close to a 100 yard dash record(and they don't use yards anymore), he was a hurdler and a state champ, but not a record setter.
Billy Turner was somehow better than Gjere and SH? k
BTW I watched Turner play alot of games, nice big body, good feet, but not a huge miss by Brewster, he's got question marks like any FCS player, not saying he couldn't hang in the BigTen, but he's no can't miss prospect.

Edit:It was sarcastic, my bad, it was so close to other quotes of his I couldn't help but comment

Possibly, but I think he goes by LakesBison when he calls KFAN, they love to take any caller who wants to rip on the Gophers. For all his talk about being a Gopher fan except when they play the Bison, that looks like nonsense. We have a number of people who are both Gopher fans except when they play the Bison, but I have never seen Lakes post anything here that wasn't either smack against the Gophers or a post about NDSU. The other Bison fans who post here generally post about the Gophers. And Lakes forgets that people can read his posts on Bisonville.

He actually goes by "Fire Denny Guy" when he calls KFAN. Have to admit that I know him, haven't seen him in years though.

He actually goes by "Fire Denny Guy" when he calls KFAN. Have to admit that I know him, haven't seen him in years though.

Bingo. It was him, because the caller was introduced as "Fire Denny Guy" and not anything NDSU related.

I don't want to destroy the internet image lakes has tried to build but this letter to the editor in the Fargo Forum(written by a Montana State fan) is about him...

The North Dakota fans were a pleasure to be around, especially the young man in the yellow corduroy pants and green wig who was accompanied by a huge young man, who if memory serves me, was in a utility business in Fargo. My daughter thought they, as well as many others, were great and taught her what sportsmanship was all about.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/301261/

Is lakesbison the yellow corduroy/green wig guy or the huge young man?

Is lakesbison the yellow corduroy/green wig guy or the huge young man?

The green wig guy. I did tailgate with him for a while last week in Montana and the real lakes is quite a bit different than the internet lakes. So I can vouch for the letter being accurate. He actually helped to set up a big area for Bison fans to tailgate in and he helped to raise some money for the family of the Montana State trooper that was shot and killed last week.

Top Bottom