I always fear Illini's Williams...if Walley out, could be tough to contain

swingman

Reaction score
Isaiah putting up some big numbers this year:

(from Illini game notes):

• Isaiah Williams is second in the Big Ten in receptions (46) and receiving yards (562), trailing only Ohio State’s Marvin Harrison Jr. (48-889) in both categories.
• Williams is third in the Big Ten with 26 first-down receptions, tied with Minnesota’s Daniel Jackson and trailing only Harrison (34) and Penn State’s KeAndre Lambert-Smith (27)
• Williams has at least one catch in all 33 games since he switched from QB prior to the start of the 2021 season, the longest active streak in the Big Ten and tied for the 9th-longest active streak in the nation.
• Williams has at least three catches in 22 straight games.
• Williams is No. 2 in Illinois history in career receptions with 178. In the Illinois record book, Williams trails only College Football Hall of Famer David Williams’ 262 receptions (1983-85).
• Williams has 1,811 career receiving yards, ninth all-time in Illinois history.
• Williams is the Power-5 active leader in receptions among players who have eligibility remaining.

Do we know any details on Walley's injury yet?

Illinois is going to put up some offense on us. Great receiver and a mobile QB who is often the team’s leading rusher. But Illinois’s defense this year is bad. We just need to put up more points. We have the horses, esp. if BSF’s hands are operable again, Go Gophers!

This game makes me nervous. Mobile QB and good pass % with a good WR bunch.

This game makes me nervous. Mobile QB and good pass % with a good WR bunch.
We will need to finish drives in this game. Ain’t going to win with a bunch of FGs instead of TDs. And we can’t let Illinois get ahead by 10 early; that’s where Bielema teams are at their best … and Gophers are at their worst. Go Gophers!

Top Bottom