I’m the problem, it’s me

The only Iowa game I've attended is the last one we won in 1999. There are three things that stand out about that game for me.

We had to knock down a pass at the goal line to seal the win. I remember it being something like a 20 yard pass. I would be off on the distance.

The other thing that stood out to me was this was my first ever road, big 10, game. We played in the stale metronome. This was a sunny day and the uniforms and colors were out of this world.

The other thing that really sticks out to me was walking on this very long trail to get in. I couldn't believe the tail gating. It was black and gold all over the place with the grilling and smells of actual tail gating. I kept thinking of the metronome and the experience which was nothing like we had.
Old Memorial Stadium was awesome! I remember going to a couple of games there right before the team moved to the MetroDome.

Anyone remember the ad banner for the local liquor store that would fly over the stadium on game day? Many ads were flown over the stadium back then. I think it was Skol, but i'm not sure. Too young to drink then, so I don't remember.

Good luck!

I’ve had fun going even in the losses.
I like the Iowa fans in IC better than the Iowa fans in Minneapolis
That is because Iowa won. Winning teams at home are always gracious to visiting fans, especially if the home team jumps ahead early, is in total command of the game, and wins handily. If they lose they are not so friendly. USC fans at Notre Dame last weekend were thanked profusely for making the long trek. Louisville fans earlier in the year did not get the same thanks for attending.

Anyway I hope that our fans tomorrow experience a less friendly home crowd at Iowa City.

Good. I’m glad you’re being part of the solution and staying home. Change your best.

You sonuvabitch…

You’re clearly part of the problem too. How about you be like some guy and stay far tf away from iowa city on Saturday.
Jinx talk is for losers, what will be will be.

One day (hopefully Sat) we will win in Kinnick. And when that day comes, I shall be there.

I am missing my first (non Covid year) Iowa game since 2015 today. That’s right. Last time I missed was a home game and a win. I was sick as a dog.

I can’t go this weekend.
If we win, I’ll never travel to Iowa city again.

My all time record seeing gophers @ Iowa is 0-9

** I have been to a live win over Iowa before though
Now this is the kind of inside information we need. I just negotiated an advance from my wife for my November allowance and am betting the entire sum on Minnesota this weekend. This is a sure winner, thanks for the insight.

I am missing my first (non Covid year) Iowa game since 2015 today. That’s right. Last time I missed was a home game and a win. I was sick as a dog.

I can’t go this weekend.

I've been to this game every year since 2000 home and away, besides COVID year. I'm 0-10 at Kinnick. THIS IS THE YEAR.

Jinx talk is for losers, what will be will be.

One day (hopefully Sat) we will win in Kinnick. And when that day comes, I shall be there.
Jinx talk is for losers? I’m a “well-known member” on a college football team fan forum. The only thing that is more loser-like than that is not winning at Kinnick since 1999. We both know the cliched definition of insanity, so if you want to test fate yet again, have at it. Drag us all down with you. Like others have already said, at least now we know where to point our fingers if we lose again.

I have yet to see a Gopher game live since The Bank was built for fear of bringing Metrodome karma in. Other than that, I'm a sound rational person. Right? 😆

I can’t go this weekend.

You were right. You may never go to a game in Iowa City again.

I think PJ has more wins in Madison and Iowa City than anyone since Warmath. Anyone know for sure?

Now this is the kind of inside information we need. I just negotiated an advance from my wife for my November allowance and am betting the entire sum on Minnesota this weekend. This is a sure winner, thanks for the insight.
I hope you went all in and bet the Gophers Money Line and didn't wuss out taking the +3.5.

I found a guy who is the actual problem here

Well. I rushed the field and touched the pig with the players. Top 10 life moment. I told the players on the field how much this meant coming to Kinnick for longer than they've been alive and never seeing a win. It was pure joy on the field and so much happiness. An absolutely amazing time to be alive.

Well. I rushed the field and touched the pig with the players. Top 10 life moment. I told the players on the field how much this meant coming to Kinnick for longer than they've been alive and never seeing a win. It was pure joy on the field and so much happiness. An absolutely amazing time to be alive.
You’re a real one!

Well, your jinx has been released. So, if @Some guy breaks his vow, travels to Iowa City in 2025 and the Gophers lose, what is his punishment? 😎

Top Bottom