I’m refreshing the CornNation page

He was burned out on Scott Frost... New era for him... new coach ..keep selling hope as Glen Mason used to day. In game one they are still selling or buying hope. OK guy if we met him in the bar.. OK even if he got pissy

It bears repeating, Nebraska today is where the Gophers were in the mid 1980s and early 1990s. Good Luck to them with that.

Quite mild.

Not surprised that he had this kind of reaction to the game. He seems like someone that gets it and while he is a passionate fan he also understands that it takes time with a new coach and you can't go crazy after just one game.

Poor Jon. He is reportedly on the suicide watch...

Watch Corn Crazed as his head almost explodes in the first 5min.

Their defense played well and they moved the ball pretty effectively on the ground even though we knew it was coming. I'd feel good about how they looked, but bad that they lost a game they had in hand. Play calling killed it for them actually. They tried to throw the ball when they literally had our boys on their heels and getting 4-6 yards a pop on the ground play after play.

If I were a NE fan, I'd be encouraged. They aren't very good but almost won even with four turnovers. Their QB will win a few games himself with his legs.
At least for Sims, they know what they have from the first game. He's good until he is bad. GT fans know this all too well.

If I were a NE fan, I'd be encouraged. They aren't very good but almost won even with four turnovers. Their QB will win a few games himself with his legs.
He reminds me of the Michigan QB from the 2012 game - saw that game at the Bank when they beat us 35-13 - an athlete playing QB; not an athletic QB

I have been a fan of these guys, they used to be called backseat sports but now are Big Red Homestead. They do a preview and review of all the Husker games and they are fun to watch.

Quite mild.

"First thing that happened after the FG got made to end the game a Minnesota fan who was right in front of me turned around to shake my hand and said 'thanks for coming'. I really wanted to punch him in the face."

Yep, Cornhuskers fans, gracious and good hearted people. Unless they lose than you see the other side of them. :giggle:

Last edited:

"First thing that happened after the FG got made to end the game a Minnesota fan who was right one front of me turned around smoke my hand and said 'thanks for coming'. I really wanted to punch him in the face."

Yep, Cornhuskers fans, gracious and good hearted people. Unless they loss than you see the other side of them. :giggle:
Jon actually called a Gopher fan "smug". Now, I've heard Gopher fans called disgusted, anxious, resigned, disinterested, and flabbergasted...but never smug! LOL.

Jon actually called a Gopher fan "smug". Now, I've heard Gopher fans called disgusted, anxious, resigned, disinterested, and flabbergasted...but never smug! LOL.
Gee, we are becoming REAL College football fans;)

Serious question: Why is Nebraska in this conference anyway? They are lucky to be in considering their academic standards. They are ranked 151st as a national university. The next lowest-ranked Big Ten school is Iowa at 83rd. "Big Ten members engage in $9.3 billion in funded research each year; 13 out of 14 are members of the Association of American Universities (the University of Nebraska is the exception)." The football program has been a trainwreck since they joined the conference. They bring nothing, nada. I don't feel a bit sorry for them and couldn't care less if they left the conference. What a bunch of arrogant loser fans turning up their noses at Minnesota. And, no, I'm not a typical passive-aggressive Minnesotan. I just tell it like it is and if this offends the people of CornNation then I've done my job. A non-helmet school with real academic standing beating the once-great Nebraska football team for the 5th-straight time has every reason to be a little smug, and I'm not above that either.

Last edited:

Top Bottom