Huskers Rivals ranks B1G QB's

ZDAmFU3.gif

3iD06YN.gif

XCHpq1t.gif

Last edited:

Martinez and Clifford are not good. Heck I would take unproven Mertz over them right now, as much as I hate to say it. I also would take Tua's brother over both of them.

And here I am just happy when the gophers gets some positive attention from the local media rather than bonkers than hype.

These are the same Nebraska fans that thought Adrian Martinez was better than Joe Burrow. So it’s a pretty big concession for them to think he’s only the 3rd best QB in the league (even if he is closer to the 13th best).

Martinez is underrated and it was borderline criminal to have mccaffery playing reps over him.
That being said he is no better than the 6-7th best returning QB in the big ten

For those of us looking for Morgan's ranking:

4. Tanner Morgan, Minnesota​

Minnesota quarterback Tanner Morgan had a rude awakening in 2020 when the Golden Gophers went 3-4 after an 11-2 finish in 2019. How Morgan bounces back for his senior season will determine the fate of P.J. Fleck's team.

In 2019, Morgan set 10 of Minnesota's season records, including passing yards (3,253), touchdown passes (30), completion percentage (66%), and touchdown-to-interception ratio (30-to-7). That was his best season, with an 85.5 offense grade on PFF and an 89.1 passing grade.

The 2020 All-Big Ten Honorable Mention needs to find a way back to his 2019 self. In 2020, Minnesota faced uncontrollable difficulties with COVID-19 and players opting out. A sense of normalcy and consistency might help Morgan lead his team to a winning season.

Go Gophers!!

The article ranks Martinez #3 B1G QB and refers to his “deep WR and TE room” yet the Huskers finished 12th in the conference in passing YPG in 2020.

Before Frost and Martinez in 2017 the Huskers were 2nd in the Big Ten with almost 100 passing YPG more than in 2020. Under Martinez and Frost the Huskers have gotten worse in passing rank each season.

So yeah.

For those of us looking for Morgan's ranking:

4. Tanner Morgan, Minnesota​

Minnesota quarterback Tanner Morgan had a rude awakening in 2020 when the Golden Gophers went 3-4 after an 11-2 finish in 2019. How Morgan bounces back for his senior season will determine the fate of P.J. Fleck's team.

In 2019, Morgan set 10 of Minnesota's season records, including passing yards (3,253), touchdown passes (30), completion percentage (66%), and touchdown-to-interception ratio (30-to-7). That was his best season, with an 85.5 offense grade on PFF and an 89.1 passing grade.

The 2020 All-Big Ten Honorable Mention needs to find a way back to his 2019 self. In 2020, Minnesota faced uncontrollable difficulties with COVID-19 and players opting out. A sense of normalcy and consistency might help Morgan lead his team to a winning season.

Go Gophers!!
He almost went full leidner and no one should ever go full leidner.

Who cares. Not like they shit on Morgan.

Martinez cannot throw, they have a 6'5" native QB who is the first native recruited offered in 14 years. NDSU wanted him. He has like a 39" vertical and won state in the hurdles. He is sitting behind a 2 star 6'1 QB from Texas in the same class, I guess he is now dealing with depression. Prime example of passing the look test, but not as accurate as the other QB. Same reason QB like Morgan can play.

Top Bottom