Huskers/Minnesota Nov. 12

cyberbach

Friendly Rival
Reaction score
Should be a good game under the lights in Memorial, anybody making the trek to Lincoln? We tailgate a few blocks from the stadium and would like to invite any traveling gophers to our tailgate... specifically Formo. There was a time a couple years back that Formo actually joined our Husker board (HuskerMax) to post for a while, don't think he renewed. Had a good rapport with Formo and wanted to extend the offer to any other Minnesota fan that enjoys talking football, food and beer. Ski U Mah, Go Big Red

Sounds like a fun time. Wish I could be there. Just a heads up, Armstrong better watch his blindside. Tai'yon Devers is the next Jadeveon Clowney. Just sayin. All he does is get TFL.

Tommy's a shifty cat and the coaches are finally realising his best attributes are his legs not his arm. I'm expecting less drop back passing, more play action and some zone read and option sprinkled in. Both of our lines are young and untested so a good pass rusher will probably be problematic... just hoping our guys can gell and get some confidence by Nov.

Should be a good game under the lights in Memorial, anybody making the trek to Lincoln? We tailgate a few blocks from the stadium and would like to invite any traveling gophers to our tailgate... specifically Formo. There was a time a couple years back that Formo actually joined our Husker board (HuskerMax) to post for a while, don't think he renewed. Had a good rapport with Formo and wanted to extend the offer to any other Minnesota fan that enjoys talking football, food and beer. Ski U Mah, Go Big Red

I'm only going if you guys are worse than Oregon state

Can't wait to be there under the lights! Should be a good game and a great atmosphere.

I'm making the trip with 2 buddies.... Been researching the bar action.... Looks like a good time!

I'm making the trip with 2 buddies.... Been researching the bar action.... Looks like a good time!

There's a bar on 8th street, between P & Q called Buzzard Billies, highly recommend it. They're a cajun cuisine nostalgia bar... pretty cool place, lots of old stuff on the walls but great, great food and really reasonably priced. They even have crappy beers like Hamms, Schlitz and Falstaff as well as a bunch of custom well drinks. They have a pretty large area inside and then a covered patio as well so they can handle the crowds real well. They have been around in the Haymarket area for 15 yrs where as there are also a ton of new bars further north of Buzzards near the new basketball arena.
Downtown Lincoln is set up real well for navigating, the number streets run North and South, the letter streets East and West. You will find a bunch of bars all within a half mile of the stadium and I've been to most of them.... I keep going back to Buzzards!

I'll be there with a group of 4. Would be fun to meet up...

Our tailgate area is 1 1/2 blocks south of Buzzards, we're in a parking lot on the east side of 8th between N and O, look for a bunch of guys wear'n red. GBR

We tailgated with these guys the first time we played in Lincoln as a B1G game and we had a blast. I would highly recommend taking cyberbach up on his generous offer. Lincoln is a bucket list item for the serious college football fan and this tailgate is the perfect place to start your game day experience!

While at this tailgate I experienced two of my most memorable moments ever at a college football game. One, we got to meet Johnny Rodgers and he graciously agreed to allow my son and his friend to take their picture with him. Johnny had them strike the famous Heisman Trophy pose. It was awesome! However my favorite picture ever is when my wife and I got photobombed by several Husker fans. People who see the picture think we know these Huskers but we don't. Nebraska fans are the BEST. I love that they are in the B1G!

I also had another incredible experience at halftime but that's another story. And to think I almost skipped this game because I was burned out traveling to games. I attended every home and away game that season and this one knocked it out of the park!

We tailgated with these guys the first time we played in Lincoln as a B1G game and we had a blast. I would highly recommend taking cyberbach up on his generous offer. Lincoln is a bucket list item for the serious college football fan and this tailgate is the perfect place to start your game day experience!

While at this tailgate I experienced two of my most memorable moments ever at a college football game. One, we got to meet Johnny Rodgers and he graciously agreed to allow my son and his friend to take their picture with him. Johnny had them strike the famous Heisman Trophy pose. It was awesome! However my favorite picture ever is when my wife and I got photobombed by several Husker fans. People who see the picture think we know these Huskers but we don't. Nebraska fans are the BEST. I love that they are in the B1G!

I also had another incredible experience at halftime but that's another story. And to think I almost skipped this game because I was burned out traveling to games. I attended every home and away game that season and this one knocked it out of the park!

Thanks for your kind words, I was at that tailgate and yes we did have a good time with you guys, always enjoy talking football with our opponents. Johnny shows up at quite a few of our tailgates as well as other "Husker Legends".
Here's a pic of Johnny, me and a friend, gett'n pumped for another season. I always wear the #55 jersey... find me and I'll buy ya a beer.

Our tailgate area is 1 1/2 blocks south of Buzzards, we're in a parking lot on the east side of 8th between N and O, look for a bunch of guys wear'n red. GBR

So go to a Husker tailgating lot on GameDay and look for a bunch of guys wearing red. OK. Can't see how anyone would miss you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Soofin, as we get closer to the game and anyone is interested in attending, I'll connect you with our tailgate thread on HuskerMax complete with satellite imagery showing you exactly where we'll be.

I'm trying to decide between a trip to Lincoln or a trip to Columbus for USA vs. Mexico in WCQ. First world problems.

Absolutely LOVED the tribute to Sam Foltz tonight on the punt.
It was wonderful and pure class by both Nebraska and Fresno State.

Absolutely LOVED the tribute to Sam Foltz tonight on the punt.
It was wonderful and pure class by both Nebraska and Fresno State.

Yea, we were screaming one minute... and crying the next, biggest lump in my throat ever. He was a very special guy and to see the punt team come on the field without him was just devastating.

We have a party of 4 coming down for the game. Should be a great time.

We have a big group coming down for that game.

There's a bar on 8th street, between P & Q called Buzzard Billies, highly recommend it. They're a cajun cuisine nostalgia bar... pretty cool place, lots of old stuff on the walls but great, great food and really reasonably priced. They even have crappy beers like Hamms, Schlitz and Falstaff as well as a bunch of custom well drinks. They have a pretty large area inside and then a covered patio as well so they can handle the crowds real well. They have been around in the Haymarket area for 15 yrs where as there are also a ton of new bars further north of Buzzards near the new basketball arena.
Downtown Lincoln is set up real well for navigating, the number streets run North and South, the letter streets East and West. You will find a bunch of bars all within a half mile of the stadium and I've been to most of them.... I keep going back to Buzzards!

Great.... Now I've got a hankering for a Falstaff!

Does anyone know what's up with Formo... is he still active on this board? I sent him a PM, haven't received a responce.

I'm trying to decide between a trip to Lincoln or a trip to Columbus for USA vs. Mexico in WCQ. First world problems.

Love the Gophs (heading to Maryland for the game) but this is USA/Mexico hands down I think. We saw them play in Arizona a couple years ago and it was an amazing atmosphere. (and that was just a friendly) This one is for real, so should be electric to see the US beat el Tri

Does anyone know what's up with Formo... is he still active on this board? I sent him a PM, haven't received a responce.
Haven't seen a post from him in a long time. I only read the FB board tho...

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Top Bottom