Husker Meltdown Podcast

hungan1

Reaction score
I came across the Husker Meltdown Podcasts, a therapeutic talk radio.

Long-suffering Gopher fans can understand the Husker fans going through pain and frustrations. We've been there before.

Some random tidbits:

A fan agrees about the cultural angle.

Frost seems to favor and focus on certain players and wear them down. I wonder why JD Spielman who was poised to break Husker records decided to transfer. The same thoughts also Wan'Dale Robinson and others.

They are not playing the best players or developing them. Frost has some sort of standards for players to see the playing field.

Nebraska does not have a Red Zone Offense.

They are soft on the development of the Offensive Line.

They want to see improvements in scheme blocking.

The Husker Defense is going to get better.

They zeroed in on Martinez playing hurt. They question why they didn't adjust their offensive plays to protect him.

Except for one option play with Martinez's limited mobility, the Gopher Defense played well enough with discipline to help win the game.

They want to see changes to in-game preparations and play schemes.

They want to see the development of the short passing game.

Selfish plays were mentioned. There are players not playing as a team. Is this is where the cultural context comes into play?

There are some dissensions amongst the players.

There are also worries about backup players leaving.

I didn't listen to the podcasts in their entirety.

Husker Meltdown - https://soundcloud.com/user-221919847

Game Stats - https://www.espn.com/college-football/matchup?gameId=401282796

Last edited:

Self destruction in the cornhole.

I know the time has past for Nebraska observations this season, but there is a recent post on one of the Husker boards noting that Frost, at Nebraska, (1) has never won a game going into or coming out of the bye week (pretty amazing, really), and (2) is 3-17 in games in which he trails at the end of the 1stQ (also pretty amazing). Nebraska opened as a 7 point favorite over Purdue but ... wait for it ... had a bye this past week. Stay tuned.

Top Bottom