Husker Coach says QB Thompson will probably not play against the Gophers

Great Plains Gopher

Reaction score
In his weekly coach's meeting with media, Mickey Joseph said that QB Casey Thompson probably will not play Saturday and the reserve QBs are being prepared for that eventuality. It is not nailed down but is most likely, he said.

Gee, a Coach said it. So it must be true.

that makes me believe in reality the odds of Thompson playing are more like 60/40 in favor. maybe 65/35.

every coach plays the same game. keep the other team guessing until kickoff. because you will gain a huge advantage. (as far as I know, which ever QB plays will be running the same offense.......)

In his weekly coach's meeting with media, Mickey Joseph said that QB Casey Thompson probably will not play Saturday and the reserve QBs are being prepared for that eventuality. It is not nailed down but is most likely, he said.
So this will be the 3rd qb that supposedly wasn't going to play vs us and then does?

There is a probability that Casey Thompson doesn’t play. There is a probability that he does.

I hope he plays and their coaches determine it’s effecting his throws after our 3rd interception.

there is a chance Thompson is a Gopher by kickoff.
Wouldn't matter though... PJ says Tanner is still starting and Athan is the backup, unless it's Kramer. And PJ wouldn't discuss any Nebraska strategy with Thompson because that'd be violating his Farmers Alliance code. (But sometimes he makes exceptions) So, on second thought...there is a chance Thompson is a Gopher by kickoff.

The way he was holding his hand/arm, it didn't look good. Looked like he couldn't move it.

All I know is that the Gophers should be blitzing between their center and right guard all day.

Won’t matter who is playing QB.

My reaction too.

AOC was questionable. Played.
DeVito was questionable. Played.
Clifford was questionable. Played.

Now Thompson questionable. => ?
Get where you are coming from but in this particular case I think the odds are pretty high that we see one of the backups.

Regardless though, the Defense will prepare for Thompson so in the end it really doesn't matter all that much which one plays.

I know this is a losing battle, but I still think D1 colleges should be required to put out an injury report.

in one sense, that would free coaches from having to play these chicken-bleep games.

it's gotten to a point where - unless a player suffers a Joe Theisman-like injury that leaves no doubt - I don't believe anything that any coach says about injuries.

Based on the last report today, Thompson coming along fine. I believe he'll play.

Top Bottom