Huntington Bank Stadium

Yah-E

Bulieve
Reaction score
Just don’t sound right! 🤷🏻‍♂️

TCF Bank acquisition by Huntington was completed and soon you all will be seeing Huntington bank locations everywhere.

Our stadium name maybe updated soon before 2021 kickoff? TCF Bank is on 16th year out of the 25 year $35M sponsorship agreement.

So if any of you have $50M to sponsor the stadium, we can name the stadium any name you want! 👍

Last edited:

Should we start crowdsourcing to name the stadium “the hole” officially

It could have been worse, I guess.

I don't know how much "The Bank" ever caught on. I think most I know just refer to it as "TCF".

Maybe it will moreso now.

Anything is better than "KFC Yum Center"

LASEP6.jpg

Yep, tried to call it "The Bank" in common reference but in the end "TCF" stuck for me.

Not really going to put much mental space to this one, especially since a year ago there was serious talk about whether college football itself would survive the covidpacalypse.

Definitely in a better place...

Never referred to either TCF or the Bank. Quite often I simply said the U when someone asked where the game was. Williams arena was a name that caught on for me. Huntington Bank I doubt will ever catch on.

Perhaps we should adopt a past player as a board like it has been discussed. Not sure how to pick a Gopher great over another. We would simply start using it on this board and see how far it goes if we're all on the same page.

Just call it "The Bank".

1624135301919.png

Attachments

• 1624135062586.png
    1624135062586.png
    436.5 KB · Views: 0

Yep, tried to call it "The Bank" in common reference but in the end "TCF" stuck for me.

Not really going to put much mental space to this one, especially since a year ago there was serious talk about whether college football itself would survive the covidpacalypse.

Definitely in a better place...
With a 12-team playoff, free-agency, NIL payment to players, player unions, I’m not sure that it did.

I hereby petition Huntington Bank to adopt Dramatic Gopher as their logo
Dramatic_Chipmunk.png

Just don’t sound right! 🤷🏻‍♂️

TCF Bank acquisition by Huntington was completed and soon you all will be seeing Huntington bank locations everywhere.

Our stadium name maybe updated soon before 2021 kickoff? TCF Bank is on 16th year out of the 25 year $35M sponsorship agreement.

So if any of you have $50M to sponsor the stadium, we can name the stadium any name you want! 👍
I said it since the stadium was approved. It has always made waaaay too much sense . . . . a land-grant university located in a major city largely founded by processing/grinding grain . . . a sponsoring Minnesota based company . . .

“Welcome to Nagurski Field at the General Mills’ Wheaties Bowl”!!!

2EE97025-6D54-4A35-948C-2E3E96D495BE.jpeg

I think calling it the Brickhouse is fitting with the exterior.

The name change hasn't made it's way to the Spectrum TV listing programer. Description today at 11am indicates "Illinois at Minnesota. From TCF Bank Stadium".

Not to be confused with BTN which is showing right now, Illinois at Minnesota which was at TCF from 2009, also an unseasonably warm November day. Hopefully a better on field result this afternoon at Huntington Bank Stadium.

Not to be confused with BTN which is showing right now, Illinois at Minnesota which was at TCF from 2009, also an unseasonably warm November day. Hopefully a better on field result this afternoon at Huntington Bank Stadium.
Notsomuch.

Top Bottom