Huntington Bank decided not to sign option to extend naming rights after TCF merger

Maybe not naming rights, but Patterson should do something like give away free root canals! :D

We got 8 years. If we invest right we could get the naming rights. I'm sure we can all do $500 invested correctly it should be at least doubled and I'm sure the GH can pick up the rest. Lol
We should start our own cryptocurrency and name it after the Gophers. We'll call it "Gold Coin" and invest everything we have in Gold Coin not to be confused with gold coins. After we hit it big, we'll name it "Brad DaviDson punches men in the Balls Stadium" then take the remaining money we have to construct a giant wall our across our eastern border.

Let's not forget Medtronic is local (outside of their Ireland tax advantage headquarters). Welcome to "pacemaker" stadium.

Flex Seal Stadium.

The boat can never sink!
Hell yeah!

GreatSandyIberianmole-size_restricted.gif

Apparently Huntington Bank can't even afford to replace signage on some locations. The old Burnsville TCF still has one of those tarp signs, the kind you'd see at a fireworks stand, hanging over the old sign on the front of the building.

Apparently Huntington Bank can't even afford to replace signage on some locations. The old Burnsville TCF still has one of those tarp signs, the kind you'd see at a fireworks stand, hanging over the old sign on the front of the building.
"Supply chain issues"?

Let's not forget Medtronic is local (outside of their Ireland tax advantage headquarters). Welcome to "pacemaker" stadium.
Their first item of business will be to rename the "Boston Scientific Heart of the Game" award

Chia Pet Stadium. They even have a Floyd of Rosedale Chia Pet:

1644590947775.png

I do like the Wheaties Cereal Bowl. General Mills should be all over it.

Last edited:

Don't sell the naming rights.

Go with George Floyd Stadium.

Hold an internet poll, I'm a fan of Stadium McStadium face Stadium.

We should start our own cryptocurrency and name it after the Gophers. We'll call it "Gold Coin" and invest everything we have in Gold Coin not to be confused with gold coins. After we hit it big, we'll name it "Brad DaviDson punches men in the Balls Stadium" then take the remaining money we have to construct a giant wall our across our eastern border.
Private message me the account number you want me to send all of my assets to.

If this is true the U of M might let them out of the deal early free of charge.
Might be good for both parties

If this is true the U of M might let them out of the deal early free of charge.
Might be good for both parties
The sign on the Burnsville bank is 100% true. I pass it on the way to Costco and/or Chick-Fil-A.

Fortune 500 Companies in Minnesota:

Company 2021 Fortune 500 RankingRevenue
UnitedHealth Group5$257.1 billion
Target Corp.30$93.56 billion
Best Buy Co. Inc.66$47.26 billion
3M96$32.1 billion
CHS103$28.4 billion
U.S. Bancorp113$25.2 billion
General Mills169$17.6 billion
C.H. Robinson Worldwide191$16.2 billion
Land O’Lakes219$13.9 billion
Ecolab237$12.7 billion
Ameriprise Financial253$11.9 billion
Xcel Energy272$11.5 billion
Hormel Foods317$9.6 billion
Thrivent Financial369$8.15 billion
Polaris407$7.1 billion
Securian Financial Group421$6.87 billion
Fastenal479$5.647 billion
Patterson Cos. Inc.491$5.49 billion

My favorites -->

Hormel Stadium --> Free SPAM to all season ticket holders. Think of the SPAM NIL deals that could be done.

Best Buy Stadium -->

Land O' Lakes is just to obvious with RTB.
Interesting that 30 years ago Minnesota was home to more than 30 Fortune 500 companies.

What are the 12 the got taken over/merged?

Off the top of my head: Honeywell (new company kept the name), Norwest (new company kept Wells Fargo name), Northwest Air (new company kept Delta name) ... obviously some more I'm missing.

EDIT: all the good info here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_companies_based_in_Minneapolis–Saint_Paul

Bottom has the merged defunct.

If you expand to Fortune 1000 there are 24 companies here.

Interesting that 30 years ago Minnesota was home to more than 30 Fortune 500 companies.
I don't think it was ever that high. This article says "When Fortune started its 500 list in 1955, Minnesota had 11 companies on it ... by 2011, the number had grown to 20."

But I think we still have the most per capita.

Top Bottom