Hunter Register switching to DB

I don't know if the comparison holds, but Kam Chancellor of the Seahawks is 6'3" and he plays a kind of hybrid safety. Watching the game the other night, Sawvel was using a ton of different sets and player groups and maybe he sees Register as being someone who could be particularly effective in certain situations. If Register is quick enough, he could be a real asset at safety or what we used to term "monster" position.

Richard Sherman is 6'3" supposedly.

Looking at the combine numbers from the past two years of all the DBs in 2016 there were only 2 over 6'2" with the tallest being 6'4" and most right around 6'0". In 2015 nobody was taller than 6'2". Obviously none of that means he can't fit a role of some kind for us as he probably isn't a pro prospect anyway but it is certainly unprecedented to see a guy that tall playing DB.

Assuming the move sticks will be interesting to see how they use him in spring and fall.

The trend in wide receivers are big , tall guys ... and they just throw it up and let them get the ball over the shorter DB. Maybe get a taller safety and they can't do that quite as easily.

Perhaps someone could analyze what we have on board for WRs next year... Is competition the issue, i.e. wanting to hit the field asap no matter what the position?

Returning are Tyler Jones, Rashad Still, Eric Carter, Holland & Gentry, redshirt freshman Drew Hmielewski. Other than Himelewski, whom sounds like an excellent prospect to me, I don't really have a feel for the other freshman on this years roster that did not see the field this year.

Perhaps someone could analyze what we have on board for WRs next year... Is competition the issue, i.e. wanting to hit the field asap no matter what the position?

Returning are Tyler Jones, Rashad Still, Eric Carter, Holland & Gentry, redshirt freshman Drew Hmielewski. Other than Himelewski, whom sounds like an excellent prospect to me, I don't really have a feel for the other freshman on this years roster that did not see the field this year.
Don't forget Phillip Howard, I'm anxious to see what he can do.

Top Bottom