HukserHQ: Big Ten loaded with new coaches

Kill is in a different situation. He comes to Minnesota from Northern Illinois. His Huskies played and defeated the Gophers just last season.

“We had played them so I knew quite a bit about it at the beginning and watched a lot of film anyway,” Kill said. “Have I gone back and looked at some things? Yes. I’ve gone back through the history of the University of Minnesota, all the way back to the ‘60s.”

Kill has talked to successful former Minnesota coaches like Glen Mason and Lou Holtz. He’s also talked to his predecessor Tim Brewster who was fired last year in the middle of a 3-9 season.

“To me, you have to go back to those people, to see where we’re at, what we need to do,” Kill said. “They’re all a part of it. As I said all along, Coach Kill won’t take Minnesota where we need to go, it’s going to take a group of people. We have passionate fans and passionate people that want to see it go that way. We have looked at some of that stuff to see where we need to go.”

I still wonder what Holz, and the others said to Kill. It looks like some of them have all gone back to the 60's and watched film on the Gophers. For sure Mason and Kill have.

Top Bottom