Howie Johnson (Class of 2026) Commits to Gophers!

If this kid was in the south (or bigger state)he would be a 4-5 star. Absolute monster he will be a 290 pound quick twitch athlete. Trout already is a 4 star Johnson will as well. Great start to 26. 26 will have the most talent in the class for the last few years. Kid has the 6th best throw in the shot put in the country for a sophomore. Locking down Trout and Johnson is great start to 26!!

If you read here Howie, please know that a lot more Gopher fans are excited about you staying home than what it might seem at the GH.

Most of us here are either, "Of course I'm glad Howie is going to be a Gopher...do I have to post everything I'm thinking or feeling on social media?" or we are like, "Hey, others have already said what I'm feeling so no need to clog up the feed."

We're all pumped about you being a Golden Gopher... we're going to have a great run over the next several years!

RtB, SkiUMah, GoGophers!

If you read here Howie, please know that a lot more Gopher fans are excited about you staying home than what it might seem at the GH.

Most of us here are either, "Of course I'm glad Howie is going to be a Gopher...do I have to post everything I'm thinking or feeling on social media?" or we are like, "Hey, others have already said what I'm feeling so no need to clog up the feed."

We're all pumped about you being a Golden Gopher... we're going to have a great run over the next several years!

RtB, SkiUMah, GoGophers!
1718760974031.png

RtB, SkiUMah, GoGophers!
There isn't a single post here that even implies people are not excited he's staying home. What a dumb fucking statement

I love what DeBo is doing here, dude is going to be moving up the coaching ladder in no time, as much as I hate to think about it. Dude has recruiting and culture down, let's see that d line tear it up this year

Howie "Howitzer" Johnson.

Bring back the "Big Johnson" shirts from about 25 years ago.

Did not look that casual to me with the knee wobbling and the forward lean at the end. But he is SERIOUSLY strong for a 10th grader.

Per STrib:

Forest Lake standout defensive lineman Howie Johnson considers his wardrobe malfunction — his practice jersey ripped nearly in half — an indication that fall practices have begun.

Johnson and his fellow Rangers were eager to take the field Monday morning, opening day for fall sports teams statewide. Johnson’s maroon practice jersey No. 55 did not survive the day’s first session.

Optimism and excitement ruled the day, and Johnson, a junior this season, wants to justify the scholarship offer he received from the Gophers.

”Coach [P.J.] Fleck said, ‘Now the recruiting process has just begun,’” said Johnson, a three-star recruit who is rated by 247 Sports as the No. 3 player in Minnesota and the No. 48 defensive tackle nationally in the 2026 class.

As a sophomore in 2023, Johnson had 80 tackles, including 28 tackles for loss and seven sacks in 10 games. He also forced one fumble and blocked one kick. And he burned through eight practice jerseys by running through teammates’ attempts at holding to slow him down.

Johnson, 6-3 and 255 pounds, attended a Gophers camp in mid-June and was offered a scholarship, making Minnesota the first program to extend an offer.

”If I have a good season this fall, Coach Fleck said other teams will come after me,” Johnson said. “And if I have another great year, other teams will come after me even harder.”
Not to worry, Gophers fans.

”Unless something happens with the coaches, I don’t plan on decommitting at all because I find that to mean your word is weak,” said Johnson, a team captain this fall.

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom