Howard Pulley tonight?

Gopherholefan

Reaction score
First night open in a while and I was thinking about heading down to the HP summer league. Does anybody know if they are playing tonight? If so, what time (I would assume 7pm) and do you know who is playing? Thanks

I'll probably head down there at some point tonight as well.

I'll be there as well - with 2 of my favorite female GHers - 1/2 of TwoFans and Moonlight (and Sir Moonlight) of course.

I'm sorry, I don't know who's playing, but I know who's not playing - a lot of Gophs. I heard Trevor, Elliot, Mav, Hollins and some others played last night.

I'll be there as well - with 2 of my favorite female GHers - 1/2 of TwoFans and Moonlight (and Sir Moonlight) of course.

I'm sorry, I don't know who's playing, but I know who's not playing - a lot of Gophs. I heard Trevor, Elliot, Mav, Hollins and some others played last night.

Clipped from Howard Pulley website:

First round results from the Pro City Summer League Playoffs

By Errol Carlstrom

First Round:

Wednesday, July 21

In the continuation of a game suspended on Tuesday, 123Print.com defeated El-Amin’s Fish House 103-98 behind 28 points from Cameron Rundles, 26 from Jamar Diggs and 17 from Marshall Brown. In the Fish’s loss, Khalid El-Amin led his team in scoring with 31 points followed by Jacob Thomas with 23.

Second Round:

Blake Hoffarber with 24 points led the Errol Carlstrom Playaz over Information Investor’s 105-101 in a battle that saw the lead change hands numerous times with the Investor’s leading for the last time at 98-96. Trevor Mbakwe who missed the first-half because class, showed up in time to score 19 points, grab 7 rebounds and block 4 shots in the last 18 minutes, while Steve Essellink knocked down 18 points in the victory.

In the nightcap, J.M. Time was eliminated from competition by the Pat Madison Magic 91-77. The Magic were led in scoring by Mike Schactner with 35 points and Lamar Moore with 25. In their loss, Joe Coleman tallied 22 points for the Time and Isaiah Zierden 14.

Thanks for the video, I see Dan Coleman and his black tights showed up for a game.

Lol! I thought I was the only one that got a kick out of the tights. I ran into him last summer, and just had to give him a hard time for his leggings! It was like 80 degrees in the gym last night - I don't even know how he can wear that many layers!

I only saw Dawson play once at HP this year and he looks better than last year but those stats are mis-leading. He is still very raw and his team relies on him quite a bit.
Mondays games are Sabes Foundation(Rodney Williams) vs Information Investers Group(Jontae Koontaew among others) at 7
and Pat Madison Magic (Al Nolen, Colton Iverson, Maverick, Eliason) vs El Amin Fish House (Kahlid, Royce, Devron)

Did anyone witness the game that Hollins reportedly had 35?

I was thinking the same thing, these scores can't be right. They have a game where colt scored like 4? I don't see that being possible. If they are right though that does a little justice to maverick because he had a game with 9 points at the end of the league games, maybe hes getting comfortable and his game is improving?

I was thinking the same thing, these scores can't be right. They have a game where colt scored like 4? I don't see that being possible. If they are right though that does a little justice to maverick because he had a game with 9 points at the end of the league games, maybe hes getting comfortable and his game is improving?

He scored 9 and 13 playing SG when Nolen was PG.

I've read your worthless stats and it's clear how much you rely on them due to your lack of basketball knowledge.

They aren't mine. They come from the Howard Pulley website. If the numbers are correct, Ahanmisi scored 9 and 13 with Nolen playing PG.

I have watched Dawson play multiple times this summer and have been amazed at his improvement since last year. He is playing on a very weak team, but he has been the go to guy on their team and I think that has really helped his confidence. He still has some trouble catching the ball in traffic and his shot is sporadic. He does have a nice half hook and is comfortable using either hand around the basket. I have not seen him handle the ball other than receiving low post passes so I'm not sure about his ball handling capability. He still is a work in progress, but he has a great basketball frame, has gained some strength, jumps fairly well and runs the floor extremely well. If Dawson continues to improve he has a chance to be a contributor at some point in his Gopher career. If Trevor does not return, I would not be surprised to see Dawson get some minutes this season.

Referring to all your stats and irrelevant comparisons.

Never argue with an idiot. I'm done.

I watched Jacob in HS and AAU, his game has really grown. During Howard Pulley he has been fantastic... Reading the below and looking at some of the players we picked up late really upsets me.

GopherHole Quick Chat - Jacob Thomas talks Gophers and recruiting Basketball Recruiting
by Nadine Babu April 12, 2009
For Jacob Thomas, the goal is simple - earn a scholarship to the University of Minnesota and fulfill a lifelong dream of becoming a Golden Gopher. But accomplishing this is no easy task, even for the 6-3, 190lb sharpshooter from Columbia Heights. Thomas had big games as a junior and is carrying that into the AAU season where he plays with Howard Pulley, and his outside shooting has definitely caught the eye of Gopher coaches who have gone to see him play numerous times over the past year.

GopherHole recently caught up with Thomas to talk about his recruitment, what the Gopher coaches have told him and the areas of his game he hopes to improve on heading into his senior year.

GH: You’ve made it pretty clear that you’re very interested in the University of Minnesota, is that your top choice? Are you looking at any other schools?

JT: The University of Minnesota is my top choice.

I watched Jacob in HS and AAU, his game has really grown. During Howard Pulley he has been fantastic... Reading the below and looking at some of the players we picked up late really upsets me.

GopherHole Quick Chat - Jacob Thomas talks Gophers and recruiting Basketball Recruiting
by Nadine Babu April 12, 2009
For Jacob Thomas, the goal is simple - earn a scholarship to the University of Minnesota and fulfill a lifelong dream of becoming a Golden Gopher. But accomplishing this is no easy task, even for the 6-3, 190lb sharpshooter from Columbia Heights. Thomas had big games as a junior and is carrying that into the AAU season where he plays with Howard Pulley, and his outside shooting has definitely caught the eye of Gopher coaches who have gone to see him play numerous times over the past year.

GopherHole recently caught up with Thomas to talk about his recruitment, what the Gopher coaches have told him and the areas of his game he hopes to improve on heading into his senior year.

GH: You’ve made it pretty clear that you’re very interested in the University of Minnesota, is that your top choice? Are you looking at any other schools?

JT: The University of Minnesota is my top choice.

yes, my same thoughts, however i heard that he didn't have the grades to get in, and Tubby is probably just done with anyone who has a question mark above them.

yes, my same thoughts, however i heard that he didn't have the grades to get in, and Tubby is probably just done with anyone who has a question mark above them.

I've been very impressed with Thomas too. I actually spoke to him last week, and he had told me he had been cleared by the NCAA and was ready to play. When I asked him why he was still here, vs, being at Long Beach, he said Coach Monson allowed him to be at home one last summer, since he was moving far away...which I just don't see Coach doing. He was never a huge fan of HP, and getting a kid enrolled and a class or two out of the way is far more important. Monson is a very nice guy, but I don't think he's that nice.

I have heard from another source that he is still waiting back on a test score to qualify. But as of now, I'll take the kid's word, and I do hope he qualifies. He would have been a nice add for the Gophers - but I can certainly see why we couldn't take that risk.

I heard last night at the HP league that he has qualified but was too late to get into summer school. He will be starting school at Long Beach State fall semester.

Thanks for info on Jacob GL!

Errol Carlstrom Monday, July 26

Loser’s bracket

The Sabes Foundation eliminated the Information Investor’s 114-100 behind 22 points from Marcus Hill; 17 points from Ken Maxey and 15 points from David Hicks. In the Investor’s loss, Jontae Koonkaew tallied 32 points and Josh Figini 24. Sabes advances to the 8:45 PM game on Tuesday.

Devron Bostick led El-Amin’s Fish House over the Pat Madison Magic 128-108 with 31 points. Jacob Thomas also played big in the victory and registered 25 followed by Dan Coleman with 22. The Magic’s loss eliminates them and advances the Fish to tomorrow’s 8:45 PM game. The Magic were led by Lamar Moore and Tyrell Sledge with 27 points each.

The Magic were without Colt, EE, Mav, Hollins and Al in their elimination loss... they also only had 4 guys at the start of the game and were penalized 3pts for every minute they had to wait. They started the game 13-0 with 5:13 left in the first quarter... guess Rene is sick of people coming in late, don't blame him.

Quick Recap:

- For Sabes, the only real person of interest for me was Rodney. I've heard a lot of people high on his summer league performance, but unfortunately, I'm just not. He's shown the ability and the desire to take it to the hole with a little more regularity, but he still doesn't move around enough on offense, he still doesn't look great on his outside shot, and he's got an alarming tendency to fade on most of his shots, which makes it hard to be consistent. Rodney's team won because the other team only had one guy, basically, who looked good. The short guy with the name I can't pronounce just lit it up for stretches, but other than that, a pretty boring game. Rodney did have a huge dunk though, which I missed, because I was getting caramel corn.

- The second game started way late, because PMM didn't have enough people initially. This was unfortunate, because I really showed up to see the young Gophers, or even ANY Gophers, and none showed up. Tyrell Sledge looked good at points, but the game was never close because of the 13 point penalty assessed to PMM at the beginning of the game. Royce still looks terrible. He's obviously got a ton of basketball instinct. He makes good passes, and he knows what to do with the ball, but he just looks unathletic and terribly rusty right now. He couldn't hit anything and some dude from NBA Europe via UWGB was just lighting him up. My guess is that it'll take him the whole year and a half to get back. Khalid looked okay, Jake Thomas, once again made me sad that he won't be here. He looked good. Armond Battle had his moments, but I'm not sorry he's not here. Other than that, Dan Coleman looked same as he ever did, incredibly skillful, nice touch, the whole package, but tentative even in summer league.

To be honest, it was by far my most disappointing night at Pulley. Almost nobody that I came to see showed up, and the basketball was frankly dreadful for most of the night. Plus, I missed an incredible Twins performance. Can't win 'em all, I suppose.

Could Jacob have went to a Prep School for a year then be eligible to play for the Gophers in 2011-12? Would Tubby even encourage something like that? Man, I wish we had him.

Quick Recap:

- For Sabes, the only real person of interest for me was Rodney. I've heard a lot of people high on his summer league performance, but unfortunately, I'm just not. He's shown the ability and the desire to take it to the hole with a little more regularity, but he still doesn't move around enough on offense, he still doesn't look great on his outside shot, and he's got an alarming tendency to fade on most of his shots, which makes it hard to be consistent. Rodney's team won because the other team only had one guy, basically, who looked good. The short guy with the name I can't pronounce just lit it up for stretches, but other than that, a pretty boring game. Rodney did have a huge dunk though, which I missed, because I was getting caramel corn.

- The second game started way late, because PMM didn't have enough people initially. This was unfortunate, because I really showed up to see the young Gophers, or even ANY Gophers, and none showed up. Tyrell Sledge looked good at points, but the game was never close because of the 13 point penalty assessed to PMM at the beginning of the game. Royce still looks terrible. He's obviously got a ton of basketball instinct. He makes good passes, and he knows what to do with the ball, but he just looks unathletic and terribly rusty right now. He couldn't hit anything and some dude from NBA Europe via UWGB was just lighting him up. My guess is that it'll take him the whole year and a half to get back. Khalid looked okay, Jake Thomas, once again made me sad that he won't be here. He looked good. Armond Battle had his moments, but I'm not sorry he's not here. Other than that, Dan Coleman looked same as he ever did, incredibly skillful, nice touch, the whole package, but tentative even in summer league.

To be honest, it was by far my most disappointing night at Pulley. Almost nobody that I came to see showed up, and the basketball was frankly dreadful for most of the night. Plus, I missed an incredible Twins performance. Can't win 'em all, I suppose.

I agree with pretty much all of that. As for Rodney's shot, I noticed from AO54's video @ the 2:11 mark he fades 2-3 feet to the side- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=troDhp70TYY - Watching last night he shot exactly the same as the video on a couple badly missed 3 pointers.

Battle is a nice player just makes some bad decisions that even have his teammates shaking their heads.

I truly enjoyed watching the Green Bay kid score on Royce twice in a row down low, followed up by a point guard scoring on Royce at the bucket with contact. Nobody fears him defensively or offensively.

I agree with pretty much all of that. As for Rodney's shot, I noticed from AO54's video @ the 2:11 mark he fades 2-3 feet to the side- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=troDhp70TYY - Watching last night he shot exactly the same as the video on a couple badly missed 3 pointers.

Battle is a nice player just makes some bad decisions that even have his teammates shaking their heads.

I truly enjoyed watching the Green Bay kid score on Royce twice in a row down low, followed up by a point guard scoring on Royce at the bucket with contact. Nobody fears him defensively or offensively.

Same here. I really wanted Royce here, but now that he's gone (and I think Maturi deserves some of the blame on that), and especially now that he's recruiting Joe Coleman hard (and don't forget, Royce recruited Rodney hard to the U), I'm actively cheering against him. I had to moderate my tone though, because I think Royce's mom sits right in front of me. It's either his mom or Jake Thomas's mom, I'm not sure, but she's definitely related to one of the two.

Top Bottom