How would you try and beat USC?

gopherdudepart2

Reaction score
I'm wondering what your guy's ideas are to beat USC. I would try and beat them on D with a 5 2 5 defense. Bring Safety blitzes from the edge. Use Perich and #14. On offense want to see the old swinging gate formation. I want a tackle eligible pass to 77 Carrol on a TE hitch route. Some video game stuff, more Wildcat, The Max Williams play like executed against Michigan in 2014. I'm going full on video game with Bo Jackson dives up the middle. I'm sure you guys have better ideas. Let's go crazy. Hope the coaches are cooking up something good. For the stripe out game I like Maroon tops, gold pants, white helmets. Doesn't get much more like a striped Gopher than that. It's gonna suck hearing USC pep band blaring, they bring them everywhere.

I'm wondering what your guy's ideas are to beat USC. I would try and beat them on D with a 5 2 5 defense. Bring Safety blitzes from the edge. Use Perich and #14. On offense want to see the old swinging gate formation. I want a tackle eligible pass to 77 Carrol on a TE hitch route. Some video game stuff, more Wildcat, The Max Williams play like executed against Michigan in 2014. I'm going full on video game with Bo Jackson dives up the middle. I'm sure you guys have better ideas. Let's go crazy. Hope the coaches are cooking up something good. For the stripe out game I like Maroon tops, gold pants, white helmets. Doesn't get much more like a striped Gopher than that. It's gonna suck hearing USC pep band blaring, they bring them everywhere.

Score more points than them🥳

Speed up the offense when you have a bit of success,” see second half of Michigan game”.. Play a lot of 5-2-4 defense..Kerry Brown does not leave the field. Dline stunts with you 5 linemen, or drop one out and bring a linebacker. Koi Perich return punts and KO’s.

Hope that #2 and #5 are playing corner.

They do not have a strong DLine, so I want us to get the run established, use tempo like we did vs. Michigan, but use that tempo to run and deplete their DLine.

I wouldn't just "try". When are we going to stop "trying" and do already!??!?!

/trying my hand at typical internet fan commentary

Same exact thing Michigan did and Utah did every year. Hammer the ball on them. You play softer split safety d coverage and force them to beat you 4 yards at a time down the field and almost all teams will make mistakes and either take a penalty or give you the ball. Our front 4 can get home and you add some rare blitzes but they hurt you one on one

Your other version is you’re bringing the house and playing aggressive press man on d. That was what Michigan did but they have a better press corner on Johnson then we do and rolled the coverage to the other side of the field to allow it

We don’t need to get exotic to beat this usc team. We just have to play sound for 60 minutes which we’ve yet to do. Game will 100% be decided by how well we tackle and if our ol can get consistent push. Michigan ran all over them with a simple gut scheme and Tackled really well. Simple as that

Is that you PJ? Finally coming to the Gopher Hole for advice?

Same exact thing Michigan did and Utah did every year. Hammer the ball on them. You play softer split safety d coverage and force them to beat you 4 yards at a time down the field and almost all teams will make mistakes and either take a penalty or give you the ball. Our front 4 can get home and you add some rare blitzes but they hurt you one on one

Your other version is you’re bringing the house and playing aggressive press man on d. That was what Michigan did but they have a better press corner on Johnson then we do and rolled the coverage to the other side of the field to allow it

We don’t need to get exotic to beat this usc team. We just have to play sound for 60 minutes which we’ve yet to do. Game will 100% be decided by how well we tackle and if our ol can get consistent push. Michigan ran all over them with a simple gut scheme and Tackled really well. Simple as that
Nice!

5 2 5 defense is 12 men.
That should be more effective!

Top Bottom