How would you change college basketball?

1. Adopt NBA arc under basket to eliminate charge/flop under the basket.

2. Only players can call timeouts.

3. Eliminate Dick Vitale, Digger Phelps & Jimmy Dykes.

4. Has anyone noticed Hightower has been nowhere to be seen during the NCAA (unless I've missed his games)? Perhaps coaches & officials supervisors have tired of his showboating and prefer officials who simply just make the call?

Do not allow timeouts from the bench. Teach the players to manage the game on the court.

The three point shot where it is levels the playing field, and gives the little guy a chance. Moving it to the NBA line will suppress the number of attempts and give the bigger players and schools an even greater advantage.

DING DING DING DING.

Players play, coaches coach.

How on earth can we have a 10 second rule, but then allow a coach to call timeout? Maybe if they didn't have an inexcusable amount of timeouts, calling a timeout in this situation would be a penalty.

mostly I like the college game. there are only two things that bug me.

I'd like to see that timeouts can only be called when a player has complete control of the ball. It can not be used to save themselves from a great defensive play. No scrum timeouts, no trap timeouts. they can announce their intention but the ref will not blow the whistle until he feels the defensive play is over. Thus as soon as the trap is broken the whistle sounds. Or as soon as the ball is passed out of the scrum the whistle blows. But never as a tool to conserve the possession.

I'd also like to see a limit on the size of a conference to 10 teams.

i would entertain the thought of an auto timeout (uncharged) at 2:00 and then no others for the rest of the game. maybe, you could use them to stop the clock, but no strategy session, straight in bounds and substitution only.

I wouldn't care about the scrum TO if the team didn't have 100 timeouts. Maybe there should be a rule no TOs unless both feet are flat inbounds.

This would eliminate TOs of players on the ground or players basically almost falling out of bounds.

Top Bottom