How the B1G will set the 10th game

fmlizard

Reaction score
Just a guess here, but we're going to rematch with Penn State at home as our 10th game. The most logical way to choose the 10th game is to compare the 2019 standings by finishing order. As fate would have it, it lines up perfectly with existing opponents.

All of these games match 2019 finishing order. None are currently scheduled for 2020, which is a crazy fluke.

Wisconsin v Ohio State
Minnesota v Penn State
Iowa v Michigan
Illinois v Indiana
Purdue v MSU
Nebraska v Maryland
Northwestern v Rutgers

I’d guess it would have more to do with common open dates amongst the teams that don’t yet have a game on the schedule.

I’d guess it would have more to do with common open dates amongst the teams that don’t yet have a game on the schedule.

I think they will end up reshuffling all the game dates. There is a lot of talk that they want to front load division games.

I think they will end up reshuffling all the game dates. There is a lot of talk that they want to front load division games.
From you only. There is no talk of this kind.

But that I think we wouldn't have a shot against Penn State, but if we play them that's one more trophy on the line and I was hoping for the full set this coming season...

Makes sense to front load divsional games. If you need to cancel games best to do crossover. Worst case scenario. 6 games and 1 championship game which would be an automatic qualifier in a national 8 team playoff.

Makes sense to front load divsional games. If you need to cancel games best to do crossover. Worst case scenario. 6 games and 1 championship game which would be an automatic qualifier in a national 8 team playoff.
So there still would be a playoff if games need to be cancelled?

Based on what they were saying on BTN last night, this will be a complete do-over for the 2020 schedule. They are going to start from scratch and come up with an all-new schedule.

On the plus side, maybe that means the Gophers don't get stuck with the Friday night game against Iowa. (of course, there may be no HS FB this fall, so I suppose the B1G could play on Friday and no one would really care.).

Other considerations - would there be bye weeks? When does the schedule start and finish?

If the powers that be agreed to eliminate some or all of the minor bowl games, you could push the regular season into December.

I have mixed feelings and will be slightly irked ... no matter what really.

Redoing the schedule based on how good the team is ... is logical.

On the other hand it's not like when we had the god damn Ohio St. & Michigan crossovers and Wisc was out at Rutgers and Maryland for a few years .... we never got relief from that.... until a round of reschduling we're going through now and ... now what? Amp it up for us again?

I say keep one non conf game. How different is it from playing conference games?
OSU-OR, WISC-ND, IA-ISU, MINN-BYU, etc.

Guessing the ACC and SEC will work together to maintain one cross-conf game. Both are basically ESPN subsidiaries at this point.

These are huge in-state rivalries that they’ll try to save: Florida FSU, Georgia GT, Clemson USC, Louisville UK.

Too bad we lost Iowa Iowa St.

I say keep one non conf game. How different is it from playing conference games?
OSU-OR, WISC-ND, IA-ISU, MINN-BYU, etc.

Instead of 14 schools you have to monitor and get on the same page with protocols there would be 28.

Yesterday the announcement was Conference games only. Next could be Division games only. Next could be intra-squad games only. Next could be see ya in 2021 (hopefully).

Based on what they were saying on BTN last night, this will be a complete do-over for the 2020 schedule. They are going to start from scratch and come up with an all-new schedule.

Possibly not good for the Billds if this happens.

Have a wedding the previously-scheduled BYU game. Did not like missing it but still got to hopefully see the B1G games for the rest of the season.

Would be very irritating if the BYU date stays active with a new Western Conference game added.

Will get over it of course...but had reconciled missing BYU.

Instead of 14 schools you have to monitor and get on the same page with protocols there would be 28.

Yesterday the announcement was Conference games only. Next could be Division games only. Next could be intra-squad games only. Next could be see ya in 2021 (hopefully).

That St Thomas game is coming sooner than we think

Or we could realize this virus isn't going anywhere fast (as with any other corona viruses) and it has a 96% (+) survival rate and we just move on with our lives?.....
If this virus is political, which it seems to be, then if "see ya in 2021" is the theme, then that should go for the upcoming election as well. Move it all to 2021 because that is when everything will be miraculously all better. Boy I bet the COVID19 fear would end pretty fast if that was the case...

I'm more than fine if they get the season going here in September or October, but why not just push the season to the spring planning to have all things a go?

What are the facts about consequences of pushing the season to the spring? Everybody talks about the loss of money but give me the facts on what happens pushing the season 5-8 months. With everything a go in the spring, more money would be made at that point as opposed to no fans in the fall here.

I'm a huge Gophs FB and BB fan but it just seems to make more sense to me to push to the spring. It would be good for me to test my patience anyway. NFL is gonna be a go, so we'll have that.

I'm more than fine if they get the season going here in September or October, but why not just push the season to the spring planning to have all things a go?

What are the facts about consequences of pushing the season to the spring? Everybody talks about the loss of money but give me the facts on what happens pushing the season 5-8 months. With everything a go in the spring, more money would be made at that point as opposed to no fans in the fall here.

I'm a huge Gophs FB and BB fan but it just seems to make more sense to me to push to the spring. It would be good for me to test my patience anyway. NFL is gonna be a go, so we'll have that.
Seeing what ESPN is running at the bottom of the screen during the soccer game, I think your wish is going to come true. (Can't believe I'm watching the precious Loons)

It will likely have to do with who has 4 home games and who has 5, to get everyone to an even 5... then they will try to make it so one team does not visit another back to back years... Could Rutgers be coming to town.

The natl org for junior college sports is moving Fall sports to the spring. I think it will be on a voluntary basis, so they won't force schools to play if they don't want to.

It will likely have to do with who has 4 home games and who has 5, to get everyone to an even 5... then they will try to make it so one team does not visit another back to back years... Could Rutgers be coming to town.
Literally every team in the East has 5 home games and every team in the west has 4 road games.

Unless they completely redo crossovers it is either Penn State, Ohio State, Rutgers, or Indiana

Top Bottom