How Pumped Are You? - Road Trip part II

How Pumped Are You?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sir Tipsy McStagger

Legend & Gopherhole Watchdog
Reaction score
West Lafayette is by all accounts (and by scientific survey of all other Big Ten fans) the worst town in the conference. (sorry, MNBoiler, it's a fact) But, curiously, the old stink hole has a special place in my tailgating heart. Way back when, West Lafayette was the destination of Dr. Lloyd and I as we set out on our very first Big Ten road trip.

We could smell as we exited the I-65 corridor that we were in a wasteland and that we had our work cut-out for ourselves. Dr. Lloyd and I have never backed down from a challenge, and we've never found a town we couldn't get drunk and mingle with co-eds in. We forged ahead, undaunted.

It was on that trip where we learned a valuable lesson - NEVER attend the 'sota social on Friday night. Thankfully, that wrapped up by 9 PM or so and didn't screw up the rest of our night, but it did end with the most intense gopher fan you'll ever meet (and former G. Hole poster) first offering a ride and then kicking me out of his minivan, leaving Lloyd and I to wait for another friendly fan to give us a lift back to campus. That night rolled in through many a pint and concluded with a chance encounter with a stripper with a heart of gold, just trying to make her way through college. That was the moment when we realized we would never have to pay for a hotel, so long as we were in a college town. Ah, memories...

With these great moments in road trip memory fresh in my mind, I am really pumped for this weeks game... How pumped are you?

Tipsy, we have learned many of the same lessons through the years.

--Even Drew Brees couldn't stop West Laffy from sucking, but back in those days, it was also my crew's first road trip destination. Nearly 40 road trips/bowl games later, West Laffy still sucks.

--The 'Sota Social is a buzzkill.

--Never get into a dude's minivan. Especially if the minivan has many stuffed gophers attached to its bumper.

--Every stripper in West Laffy has a heart of gold, to make up for deficiencies elsewhere.

Though I am "Punch someone everytime I hear 'Boiler Up!'" pumped for this weekend's battle on the gridiron, I will be sitting this one out. Champaign is calling in a few weeks.

I'm pumped, but am having problems getting a good feel of the line on this one.

5000 Posts

Jike,

I feel honored that you chose to make a response to one of my legendary pumped polls your 5000 post. It really is a testament to how awesome I make this forum.

Congratulations on #5000.

:cool02::cool02:

Tarryl Clark has already shown us what she would do in congress..... The only thing missing from this site.

Enjoy the trip. I will be there as well. Look out for all of those ugly Purdue chicks.

Feel free to stop by the Homecoming frat parties. At least you don't need to worry about being raped or sexually assaulted.

Enjoy the trip. I will be there as well. Look out for all of those ugly Purdue chicks.

Feel free to stop by the Homecoming frat parties. At least you don't need to worry about being raped or sexually assaulted.

Chances Are, I'll find one or two attractive ones...

Another thing I've learned in my travels... no matter where you are, frat boys are d-bags. There is nothing appealing about their lifestyle. Quite frankly, it's nearly impossible to accomplish anything when on the town in a group larger than two.

If anyone is in West Lafayette tonight make sure you hit up the Neon Cactus. Its the closest thing WL has to a club. Doors open at eight. Bruce and the Doctor start playing in the Piano Bar at 9, it always gets crazy. He will even play the Minnesota Rouser if you are willing to out bid Hail Purdue. $5 Cover. Need to buy a 32 oz Cactus Cup for a few bucks. .50 cent Keystone Light and a $1.50 for well drinks(all 32 oz.) Hell of a deal. I'll be there. It is also Riley Children's Hospitals night, some come help some kids with cancer. I will be there.

Then walk up the hill to the the campus bars and finish the night of with a trip to Famous Franks or Triple XXX(I recommend the Duane Pervis Peanut Butter Burger, onion rings, and a rootbeer).

If anyone is in West Lafayette tonight make sure you hit up the Neon Cactus. Its the closest thing WL has to a club. Doors open at eight. Bruce and the Doctor start playing in the Piano Bar at 9, it always gets crazy. He will even play the Minnesota Rouser if you are willing to out bid Hail Purdue. $5 Cover. Need to buy a 32 oz Cactus Cup for a few bucks. .50 cent Keystone Light and a $1.50 for well drinks(all 32 oz.) Hell of a deal. I'll be there. It is also Riley Children's Hospitals night, some come help some kids with cancer. I will be there.

Then walk up the hill to the the campus bars and finish the night of with a trip to Famous Franks or Triple XXX(I recommend the Duane Pervis Peanut Butter Burger, onion rings, and a rootbeer).

Bruce and the Doctor are playing at a private function I'm attending tomorrow night. Haven't seen him in a looong time. He's the best. Many a night at the Cactus back in the day. Still have a couple orange Cactus mugs laying around the house. I'm pissed LaBamba's shut down. The best burritos EVER! Better than anything Chipotle can come up with.

I'm making the drive from corn country and even though the gophers are 1-5 I'm still pumped!!!!

Bruce and the Doctor are playing at a private function I'm attending tomorrow night. Haven't seen him in a looong time. He's the best. Many a night at the Cactus back in the day. Still have a couple orange Cactus mugs laying around the house. I'm pissed LaBamba's shut down. The best burritos EVER! Better than anything Chipotle can come up with.

I love Bruce and the Doctor, both good musicians and really funny. Most Thursday I make it there for the free hour and then hang around in the Piano Bar until things die down. And every true Boilermaker should be required to keep a Cactus cup in their home.

I love Chipotle's chips, but I prefer Qdoba or Fiesta burritos they are amazing.

Anyway have fun with Bruce and the Doctor.

Thanks for jogging the memory.October 28,2000.I took my son to our first Ohio State road game.Great first half.Then we got to see Drew Brees in his senior season carve up the Buckeye secondary with Tim Stratton,Taylor Stubblefield and Vinney Sutherland.That damn train horn still drives me nuts.The Purdue band parents sold some good steak sandwiches outside north endzone. Good luck Gophs.Your kids need a win.I'd hate to see this program slip back further.I am a Buckeye but I have lived here over 2o years.Go Minnesota.

Top Bottom