How Many Yards Will Greene Get?

bman

Reaction score
Honestly, how many yards do you think Shonn Greene will get? I don't want wishful thinking, I want what you really think. It may not mean that Iowa wins. He had a lot of yards in games Iowa lost.

Gopher's sell out to stop the run but SG busts a 40 yarder, padding his stats. Game total - 118 yards and 1 td in a losing effort.

I'm going 120 as well. The gophers have done very well at stopping the RB's. For some reason the QB run still get us but we're talking RB.

In fact, because of this we win 24-21.:cool:

not very much with big play on the feild

17 on 4 carries.

Then the turf Gods at the Metrodome claim one final sacrifice.

More than enough to win-. he will likely break the season TD record for Iowa and carry the freaking pig out the stadium himself.

More than enough to win-. he will likely break the season TD record for Iowa and carry the freaking pig out the stadium himself.

I don't think he can carry an Iowa cheerleader without some help.

Gopher's sell out to stop the run but SG busts a 40 yarder, padding his stats. Game total - 118 yards and 1 td in a losing effort.

100% agree with this. The Gophers are bound to give up at least 1 big run in this game, maybe 2. It seems like Greene breaks a huge one every game, and it seems like we give up a huge one every game. Like Space Gopher said, I think that we'll generally do very well at stopping him, but a couple big ones will push him over 100. I'll say 130 yards.

I don't think he can carry an Iowa cheerleader without some help.

that made me laugh, ridiculously hard.

Honestly, I'd be happy with holding him to 120 yards and 2 TDs.. but Iowa will score no more.

Gophers 24
Iowa 14

Floyd is comin home!

I hate to say it, but he'll be 200+. He's a stud. This will also be the best offensive line we've played against all year. The Iowa line is much, much better than Michigan's or Wisconsin's OL. Our key will be to get some turnovers and pick up some easy points.

DarrentheGreek is a god. That is the hardest I have laughed at a post in a long while.

No way does he run for 200+ against the Gophers. The key is keeping him from breaking long runs. My best guess is 120 yards with one 30 yard run. If he breaks two he may hit 150-170.

No way does he run for 200+ against the Gophers.

That's what I thought, too, until I saw Northwestern's backup QB go for 217 and Michigan's scrub offense rush for 237 against us. Everyone says they'll hold Green down if they don't give up the long run, but almost everyone gives up the long run. He also very good at getting multiple 12+ yard carries. He'll get 4, 3, 6, 1, 15, 18, 1, 4. His line opens things up for him.

And, yes, MAJOR kudos to Darren the Greek! Absolutely beautiful.

I will say the Darren the Greek made me laugh-good thing i dont care about the cheerleadres-or else! No i think it will be a good game of course i will pull for Iowa, but Minny is a surprise team this year-With out our win over Penn State this would have a been a trap game for us i believe. There is a lot on the line for both teams and they will both play their best game of the season i think. Iowas D is tough and scary-offense can put up the numbers on the ground and with play action-Stanzi has been a surprise for us this year and has had some great games and ugly games. Whjatever happens i hope no one gets injured. And since you guiys hate pigs so much why do you wan the Trophy-you dont have an Axe to kill it with or a Bucket for the blood. ;)

50 Yards total. got a feeling the Gophers will stop the run all night long. Iowa will have to win the game beating us by Passing.

Green ?

Tough to call on a f--king broken ankle. He'll actually have to go back to attending classes after this game.

87 yards - no TD's - Of course someone needs to step in for Lee Campbell for this to happen. Who will it be?

At this point the concensus is 93.27 yards. 106.3 if you don't count the -37.

So when were the Gophers planning on stopping the run? Just sayin, my have the tides turned

Top Bottom