How many wins are left????

There are a lot of delirious people in here....We are not good, and now that we added the Pac 10 teams we will be perennial bottom feeders. The only reason they stay in the Big 10 is to get TV money. It defiantly not because we will ever have shot winning in the Big 10
Fully agree that winning the Big Ten in football will be next to impossible with the way the top talent in college football is consolidated at a handful of schools some of whom are in the Big Ten.

But doesn't mean we are going to be relegated to bottom feeder status. We can and should be able to compete with the vast majority of the conference on a year to year basis.

It will be tough/nearly impossible to crack the Ohio State, Michigan, USC, Oregon, Penn State tier.....but that still leaves 12 teams we should realistically be able to compete with. Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois, Purdue, Northwestern, Indiana, Rutgers, UCLA, Washington, Nebraska, Michigan State and Maryland.

But hey....if our being delirious and thinking we can compete bothers you so much don't let the door hit you on the way out.

It's a pretty short thread.....I went back to the top.....don't see anyone saying the game is a pick em against USC. A few people (myself included) saying there is a chance we spring the upset but that is not the same as saying the game is a pick em which would imply that it could easily go to either team.

For us to beat USC we will have to play perfect and get some bounces to go our way. It could happen but it won't be easy. In spite of the long odds I think it is still worth showing up and giving it a shot.

I don't want to get anyone pounded for a positive view but there is verbatim post just a few up that says, "I'd actually put USC in your pick 'em group."

There is also a lot of people saying it wouldn't be a surprise to beat USC because of XYZ. It should be a huge surprise if we beat USC given our historic futility against good teams, and our seasonal futility against terrible offenses.

Would love to see it happen as it would greatly increase the possibility of bowl eligibility.

It's a pretty short thread.....I went back to the top.....don't see anyone saying the game is a pick em against USC. A few people (myself included) saying there is a chance we spring the upset but that is not the same as saying the game is a pick em which would imply that it could easily go to either team.

For us to beat USC we will have to play perfect and get some bounces to go our way. It could happen but it won't be easy. In spite of the long odds I think it is still worth showing up and giving it a shot.
Read post #16.

1727819042404.png

I see zero. However, they will probably win one they shouldn't and lose one they shouldn't. I say 1.

Top Bottom