How many wins are left????

alaska

Reaction score
Looking at our schedule I see 2 possible wins (UCLA and Rutgers) The rest I dont think we have a shot at, including Maryland.
Saturday
Oct. 5
USC Football Schedule11 USC TrojansHuntington Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, MN
Saturday
Oct. 12
UCLA Bruins Football Scheduleat UCLA BruinsRose Bowl Stadium, Pasadena, CA
Saturday
Oct. 19
OFF
Saturday
Oct. 26
Maryland Terrapins Football ScheduleMaryland Terrapins (HC)Huntington Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, MN
Saturday
Nov. 2
Illinois Fighting Illini Football Scheduleat 24 Illinois Fighting IlliniMemorial Stadium, Champaign, IL
Saturday
Nov. 9
Rutgers Football Scheduleat Rutgers Scarlet KnightsSHI Stadium, Piscataway, NJ
Saturday
Nov. 16
OFF
Saturday
Nov. 23
Penn State Football Schedule7 Penn State Nittany LionsHuntington Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, MN
Friday
Nov. 29
Wisconsin Badgers Football Scheduleat Wisconsin BadgersCamp Randall Stadium, Madison, WI
Saturday
Dec. 7
Big Ten Football Schedule
Big Ten ChampionshipLucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, IN
FacebookShare TwitterTweet EmailEmail

We don't have a shot against Maryland at home?.....

USC, PSU and maybe Illinois all look like they will be tough games to win. The rest are all very winnable and I don't think an upset in any of those first 3 is out of the question if the team plays well (especially Illinois).

There are no gimmies on the schedule but UCLA, Rutgers, Maryland and Wisconsin are all games this team can win if they play the way they are capable of playing.

USC is beatable, they’re 2-2 and they were down 21-10 to Bucky at halftime.
UCLA has got to be a sure W.
Maryland is Maryland, even when they’re decent they are prone to up and down weeks.
Illinois and Rutgers looking tough this year but with upstart teams one never knows what they’ll look like in a few weeks.
PSU is looking tough.
Wisconsin is terrible this year.

It is not the toughest remaining schedule. No OSU or Oregon.

There is one game I am highly confident in a win (UCLA) (80%)
One game I would be shocked by a win (Penn state) (10%)
One game where I would pick a loss but not surprised by a win (USC) (25%)
And four games I would consider close to pick Ems (Wisconsin, Maryland, Rutgers, Illinois) (50%)

I don’t remember my stats very well but I think that means my expected wins are between 3-4 but closer to 3.

5-7 or 6-6 finish I would guess

Tough call. We could give USC a game. They coasted in the first half against Wisconsin and made some bonehead plays. They still beat them by 17. It all depends on whether they play from the first whistle. It's a supremely talented team physically.

I'm not a Rutgers believer although Schiano is a very good coach. Badgers will show up against us and they have some weapons. Locke looked good in the first half at USC, but as I stated above, USC looked like they partied the night before and slept until an hour before game time. Illinois is very physical, but they can be had if we play well. I have to admit that Bielema knows how to play B1G football and has built a team that can play that style. Only game I see as pretty much unwinnable is Penn State, but there's a reason that they play the games on the field. Our O-line play has been terrible and if that doesn't improve, we may lose the rest of them.

There is one game I am highly confident in a win (UCLA) (80%)
One game I would be shocked by a win (Penn state) (10%)
One game where I would pick a loss but not surprised by a win (USC) (25%)
And four games I would consider close to pick Ems (Wisconsin, Maryland, Rutgers, Illinois) (50%)
This pretty much lines up with how I see the rest of the season as well. Could see us going in 6-1 or 1-6 and wouldn't be all that shocked at either mark given how the year has gone so far.

It all depends on if we start to use up-tempo on offense as our primary play calling scheme.

We nearly came back from being down 3-21 vs a top 15 team by switching to go up-tempo. If we stick with that I see us winning against the rest of the unranked opponents on the schedule (UCLA, Maryland, Rutgers, and Wisconsin). I could also see us pulling an upset against one of the ranked opponents too.

Top Bottom