How HOT is your chili BYE WEEK EDITION

How’s your chili!

• En Fuego - a mid season loss to a worthy opponent can’t stop my chili from boiling over!

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Pretty Darn Hot - those Indiana Boiler peppers mellowed my flavor, but only slightly!

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Minnesota Mild - i turn the temperature back to rest up for next weeks peppers of insanity.

Votes: 21 51.2%
  • Back Burner - set on low while I devote my week to Vikings - Bears.

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • On Ice - Chilling my chili at Marriuci watching the Gophers and Minnesota State.

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Chili?

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters

Otis

Reaction score
Your weekly gauge of Gopher rooting interest has no bye week!

Keep those fan fires burning!

Learned last week to not make my chili that hot, only ends up painful.

Likely no chili rest of year, but if so, it won’t be that hot again.

This one stung. A lot!! Seeing the fans coming out of the game, they were very quiet -- but not nearly as bad as after the Michigan debacle 15 years ago. This is a good week for a bye week -- get Mo healed up again and the heads screwed on right to make a run down the stretch.

That Illinois game will be very tough and I am very glad we do not have to play them this week as we are just reeling after the loss to Purdue. You can tell just from the posts on the Gopherhole that one knocked the wind right out of the sails. We aren't going to have the great season everyone hoped but we can still have a very good one and still win the West.

Right now, Illinois is the team to beat for the West, especially if they beat Iowa -- we really need that one bad.

Your weekly gauge of Gopher rooting interest has no bye week!

Keep those fan fires burning!
Thanks for doing this! May I consider you the official Chili Poll person? I don't want to step on toes. We are undefeated when you do it.

This one stung. A lot!! Seeing the fans coming out of the game, they were very quiet -- but not nearly as bad as after the Michigan debacle 15 years ago. This is a good week for a bye week -- get Mo healed up again and the heads screwed on right to make a run down the stretch.

That Illinois game will be very tough and I am very glad we do not have to play them this week as we are just reeling after the loss to Purdue. You can tell just from the posts on the Gopherhole that one knocked the wind right out of the sails. We aren't going to have the great season everyone hoped but we can still have a very good one and still win the West.

Right now, Illinois is the team to beat for the West, especially if they beat Iowa -- we really need that one bad.
Illinois game will potentially be huge for the West. I am glad we have the bye week to prepare and I am also glad the game is on the road which seems like an odd thing to say. But we are a really good road team under Fleck and Champaign isn't exactly one of the toughest environments to go into.

Learned last week to not make my chili that hot, only ends up painful.

Likely no chili rest of year, but if so, it won’t be that hot again.
Funny, I was thinking I might drop down to regular beef stew this week (comfort food). I am thinking that by next Saturday my Gophers will be back. We are playing the fighting Bielemas, so next week my chili will be hot.

Never forget why we "hate" this guy.

Last year alone should have this team white hot fired up and laser focused in practice. Knowing that they can take the lead in the west should really get them amped!

Thanks for doing this! May I consider you the official Chili Poll person? I don't want to step on toes. We are undefeated when you do it.
I got your chili!

Going to have to add some Indian curry for next week!

Cleaning the pot. Fresh Chili will be nuclear hot and ready after the bye week.

Funny, I was thinking I might drop down to regular beef stew this week (comfort food). I am thinking that by next Saturday my Gophers will be back. We are playing the fighting Bielemas, so next week my chili will be hot.

Never forget why we "hate" this guy.
Brewster deserves it. What a tool.

… a mid season loss to a worthy opponent …
I don’t consider that Purdue team a worthy opponent. The game was eminently winnable. The chili is on the backburner, but the Vikings bore me to tears.

Brewster deserves it. What a tool.
Did the Gopher players? I get it that Brewster took the job too early, but sportsmanship is about the players. Now that we know that Bielema was/ is about embarrassing, give him a taste.

Did the Gopher players? I get it that Brewster took the job too early, but sportsmanship is about the players. Now that we know that Bielema was/ is about embarrassing, give him a taste.
They are division one athletes and I think they can take it. Huge blowouts in college all the time and all Brewster and the media did in that game was draw more attention to it. If the gophers win 55-0 are we going to feel bad? Middle school or high school i say let up but college d1 if you don’t like getting stomped play better. We got beat by rosemont 15-0 in hockey at mariucci arena when I was 13 and I was in goal even. Believe or not I was able to continue on. Let’s toughen up a little

They are division one athletes and I think they can take it. Huge blowouts in college all the time and all Brewster and the media did in that game was draw more attention to it. If the gophers win 55-0 are we going to feel bad? Middle school or high school i say let up but college d1 if you don’t like getting stomped play better. We got beat by rosemont 15-0 in hockey at mariucci arena when I was 13 and I was in goal even. Believe or not I was able to continue on. Let’s toughen up a little
It wasn't so much about what he did for me personally. It was about his BS answer! If you are going to do it, do it Woody Hayes style. Man up!

Otis is 1 - 0 in the Chili Poll Bye Week Championship.

Top Bottom