How great is the weather today!?

Schlic Daddy

Reaction score
Weather definitely having a negative impact for Purdue. Dropped passes (cold), shanked punts and low field goal leads to a blocked field goal (wind). Outdoor football is great!

i like the "big ten" weather today. that being said. purdue has made a lot of the same mistakes in prior games, so not sure how much weather had to do with any of it. it actually didn't look that cold out there. the sun was out the whole game.

It was freezing in the student section. It was mid 30s with all the 15mph wind coming straight to our endzone. I had a t-shirt, hoodie, fleece jacket, and then the student section shirts for this year and I was still freezing. It was a great game though!

It was freezing in the student section. It was mid 30s with all the 15mph wind coming straight to our endzone. I had a t-shirt, hoodie, fleece jacket, and then the student section shirts for this year and I was still freezing. It was a great game though!

yeah, but you are not running up and down the field all game. that gets your body temp way up. it is the same way in hockey. for most of the players on the field, it was not an extremely cold day.

I love the sun on cool days - hooray for the north side seats

Ya when the sun poked out, it was nice. I think the weather also keeps people on their feet and jumping around.

Three words

Silk long underwear.

This is the first real Minnesota football we've been blessed to see on the national stage since 1982.

Now the Vikes need to move back outside and all will be well.

Gophers: undefeated at home in temperatures below 40 degrees.;)

Silk long underwear.
+100.

I'm also a life-long believer in Lifa's zipped mock turtleneck under the Golden Gopher sweatshirt today. And a nice HardWear fleece hat (maroon of course).

Today was great fall football weather ... just as glad it wasn't at 6:00 though. ... ;)

countdownclub.jpg

It reminded me of high school too. This weekend was the first time I played my trombone with freezing temperatures since I was in band. I'm just glad my slide didn't freeze up all during halftime!

It's a little known fact that it's always warmer when you're winning. Wear long johns and a warm sweater, warm socks and a hat, and you're set.

Top Bottom