How good would this team be?

not enough depth to compete in the bigten, I think they would be a good mid major though

Crazy depth of legit D1 talent in that class though.

u really think most these guys would be any good in the big ten???? get real

Did we ever end up offering Emory? I think Emory would have worked out better than Ingram.

I think the answer you're looking for is: pretty average.

This "team" is arbitrarily limited to 1 year out of high school. Of course our current roster which covers about 10 years of high school is better, ok, 5-6 years? The point is MN turns out pretty good talent. Muscala could play in the Big 10, no question. Some of you guys tend to denigrate everybody who doesn't play for an FBS school. Where do you think guys like Stephon Curry come from.

This "team" is arbitrarily limited to 1 year out of high school. Of course our current roster which covers about 10 years of high school is better, ok, 5-6 years? The point is MN turns out pretty good talent. Muscala could play in the Big 10, no question. Some of you guys tend to denigrate everybody who doesn't play for an FBS school. Where do you think guys like Stephon Curry come from.

The point was that was a very deep Minnesota class. Unfortunately we didn't have 13 scholarships available.

Now do the same for 2010, 2011, and 2012. MN does turn out some great talent, but not enough to consistently fill a B1G roster.

How good would this team be?
A team composed entirely of kids from the Minnesota high school class of 2009. I'll even exclude Royce White.

Not as good as a team of Tyus, Rashad, Reid and a couple others.

Seriously?? The team we have now is head and shoulders better than the all-MN roster you listed above. We're ranked #9 in the country and climbing. Enjoy the team that we have.

Seriously?? The team we have now is head and shoulders better than the all-MN roster you listed above. We're ranked #9 in the country and climbing. Enjoy the team that we have.

How so? The starting line-ups are close to a push and the All-Minnesota team's bench has a pretty substantial edge.

How so? The starting line-ups are close to a push and the All-Minnesota team's bench has a pretty substantial edge.

What?! Our current starting line up is head and shoulders better than every starter on this made up team.

The only one that is even close is Austin Hollins vs. Trent Lockett.

What?! Our current starting line up is head and shoulders better than every starter on this made up team.

The only one that is even close is Austin Hollins vs. Trent Lockett.

Andre Hollins is head and shoulders above Wolters? Coleman is head and shoulders above Emory? Mbakwe is head and shoulders above Muscala? Those all seem like they're close to a push.

You mentioned Lockett and Austin. That's probably the biggest advantage that the actual squad has over the hypothetical one. Lockett has just been plain horrible at Marquette.

Andre Hollins is head and shoulders above Wolters? Coleman is head and shoulders above Emory? Mbakwe is head and shoulders above Muscala? Those all seem like they're close to a push.

You mentioned Lockett and Austin. That's probably the biggest advantage that the actual squad has over the hypothetical one. Lockett has just been plain horrible at Marquette.

Sorry, but I strongly disagree. I don't think any of these matchups are even close to a push. I would take all of our current Gophers over any of the all-MN counterparts any day of the week.

I'm surprised Spudfly hasn't rated this thread yet.

Sorry, but I strongly disagree. I don't think any of these matchups are even close to a push. I would take all of our current Gophers over any of the all-MN counterparts any day of the week.

Agree. Although I will say that I like some of those bench players. Other than that, I'll take our starting five over that starting five as well.

As a Marquette fan, Lockett has been a pretty big disappointment thus far. He is a pretty solid all around player, but he's more of a 6-8 man than he is a starting wing. Austin is about 5 times the player Lockett is.

Why not focus on the current team? 1st place in the B1G and top ten isn't interesting enough?

taylor braun is from oregon dummy.

Nothing makes a person look smart and classy like calling someone else "dummy" for a simple mistake. It think I'll start that now:

Sentences, names and states begin with capital letters, dummy.

I feel better about myself already!

Well played

Nothing makes a person look smart and classy like calling someone else "dummy" for a simple mistake. It think I'll start that now:

Sentences, names and states begin with capital letters, dummy.

I feel better about myself already!

Top Bottom