How funny that Arizona would self impose one year ban on tourney during the year of Covid.

Honestly dumb to self-impose.
Teams that admit guilt get hammered. They should just deny and appeal until the end of time like North Carolina and others

Classy till the end.

Boy do I miss Lute (hopefully them as well). Always heard he was a good guy with a clean program.

Didn’t LSU football do something similar related to bowl appearance?

Honestly dumb to self-impose.
Teams that admit guilt get hammered. They should just deny and appeal until the end of time like North Carolina and others
UNC had a foolish but airtight case as they simply claimed those sham classes were available to all students and thus not a illegal benefit. They gave away their academic integrity. Like Duke letting their players take a ton of classes at the local JC. Can you imagine coaching in that conference against that and what Louisville did. Wake played it clean, Ga. Tech requires it straight. UVA would not want it any other way. Big 10 has it as well. Maryland gets kids in that can not do the work, Illinois same for years. Underwood is known for playing it clean.

Bet they get to keep their banners...Just sayin'

Bet they get to keep their banners...Just sayin'
Could care less. I am proud that the U did the right thing. I would rather lose clean then win dirty. Lance Armstrong was not better then the other riders, he cheated. Marion Jones, cheater.

the current AZ coach is a stone cheater

It appears you misread my post.

The firs sentence was a dig at them for the way they handled the current situation/coach.

The second line was a comment regarding HOF coach Lute Olson - Sean Elliot still raves about the impact he had on his life.

Could care less. I am proud that the U did the right thing. I would rather lose clean then win dirty. Lance Armstrong was not better then the other riders, he cheated. Marion Jones, cheater.
Just asking for the same treatment for all programs. Recent history has not shown that.

It appears you misread my post.

The firs sentence was a dig at them for the way they handled the current situation/coach.

The second line was a comment regarding HOF coach Lute Olson - Sean Elliot still raves about the impact he had on his life.
He did a enormous amount for players and his community. They were truly a family. He did not rebuild that program, he built it period.

This is a direct statement from the school... "The decision is an acknowledgement that the NCAA's investigation revealed that certain former members of the MBB staff displayed serious lapses in judgment..."

How the heck does Miller still have a job? His "lapse in judgment" was paying a player!

And for calling this serious cheating scandal a simple "lapse in judgement," I would double their punishment if I was the NCAA. What a smug statement by Arizona. Lute is rolling in his grave.

The only thing left is Miller’s contract extension 😳! No coach has done less with more......

The only thing left is Miller’s contract extension 😳! No coach has done less with more......
Asked my grandson to run a study to reveal which programs got the most for what they spent on coaches and who got the least. He is basing it on wins, titles and revenue.

I was just texting my friends about this. Such horsesh*t.

Auburn did the same thing in hoops (of course when they knew they were likely not gonna make the tourney anyway). LSU did it for football (of course, also when they sucked).

Hopefully the NCAA sees through this crap and gives them at least another year of postseason ban

Just as bad as LSU imposing a ban on themselves this year. What a joke.

That NCAA should laugh at this ban, and smack them as hard as possible. Same for LSU.

Just as bad as LSU imposing a ban on themselves this year. What a joke.

That NCAA should laugh at this ban, and smack them as hard as possible. Same for LSU.
They could. Louisville got hammered pretty good, USC got clobbered, Kansas should get clobbered.

Lapse in judgment. Snort worthy humor. Absolutely embarrassing if the program keeps him around

Asked my grandson to run a study to reveal which programs got the most for what they spent on coaches and who got the least. He is basing it on wins, titles and revenue.
You are going to turn your grandson into a major stat geek

But he might end up making a lot of money being an actuary or something if it sticks

Anyway to factor in failure in the PAC 12 tournament and March combined with always have too 10 recruiting classes?? 😂

You are going to turn your grandson into a major stat geek

But he might end up making a lot of money being an actuary or something if it sticks
Too late. Already does salary cap value, how pieces fit together.Obsessed with the stock market and asset management. Would worry about him but work is play and play is skiing, golfing,fishing.

Anyway to factor in failure in the PAC 12 tournament and March combined with always have too 10 recruiting classes?? 😂
Yes, lack of achievement is a huge factor. Will be a point system on wins, regular season, conference tourney titles, conference titles, NCAA wins,final 4's and national titles. Then what did you pay for what was won. Asked him to consider attendance, merchandise sold and donations. Like what is a coaches success lead to a 25 million dollar gift. Told me to throw out the donation amount because it would be impossible to measure for certain where as attendance is indicative of success. Creating a value system to wins will be the hard part. How much should winning it all count against a single regular season win, should ranked wins count more, should road ranked wins count more. Crazy complicated. Should titles count 100 times a regular season win, a 1000. Someone with a major background in math please help !

UNC had a foolish but airtight case as they simply claimed those sham classes were available to all students and thus not a illegal benefit. They gave away their academic integrity. Like Duke letting their players take a ton of classes at the local JC. Can you imagine coaching in that conference against that and what Louisville did. Wake played it clean, Ga. Tech requires it straight. UVA would not want it any other way. Big 10 has it as well. Maryland gets kids in that can not do the work, Illinois same for years. Underwood is known for playing it clean.
If the NCAA really wanted to punish NC they could have investigated the professors in those mostly sham courses being urged or did it on their own to give good grades for bad performances only to the athletes.
We wintered over in Tucson for twenty years and Miller was in a position in BB like a FB coach in NE.
A former beloved coach won national championships and we expect the same from you.
There is no doubt he cheated and in the BIG MD has players that most BIG schools wold not admit.

I'd like to see Arizona get back to being really good. The Pac 12 has been such a garbage league I swear like 9 out of the last 10 years. The only consistently good team is Oregon. Zona had a really nice couple year run with McConnell and some one-and-dones but has otherwise been mostly just fine. UCLA has been whatever for the most part. Cal sucks. Washington sucks. Utah had a brief moment in like 2014-15 but mostly nothing special. Arizona State is whatever.

Need Arizona and UCLA to get back to being excellent to give us some good after-dark basketball.

If the NCAA really wanted to punish NC they could have investigated the professors in those mostly sham courses being urged or did it on their own to give good grades for bad performances only to the athletes.
We wintered over in Tucson for twenty years and Miller was in a position in BB like a FB coach in NE.
A former beloved coach won national championships and we expect the same from you.
There is no doubt he cheated and in the BIG MD has players that most BIG schools wold not admit.
NCAA did not have jurisdiction to get that far . The players did not get more than what the regular students got. You and i know it is wrong just like we know Clem was wrong. The U had the guts to do it right. I know hundreds of examples of kids that got in at some schools simply could not at others. I know schools that do not even have dumb jock classes. It is a farce. Just a few years ago Louisville had the most kids on the all acc academic team but when researched they all had the same agricultural recreation as their field of study where as kids at a actual top school only had 2 kids but when you looked at their majors it was real. Some schools and coaches actually hold their athletes to the same standard as the student body. I knew this because i had a relative play for the school. He was actually head of his class in high school and the load in college was really heavy, not a single basket weaving opportunity !

I'd like to see Arizona get back to being really good. The Pac 12 has been such a garbage league I swear like 9 out of the last 10 years. The only consistently good team is Oregon. Zona had a really nice couple year run with McConnell and some one-and-dones but has otherwise been mostly just fine. UCLA has been whatever for the most part. Cal sucks. Washington sucks. Utah had a brief moment in like 2014-15 but mostly nothing special. Arizona State is whatever.

Need Arizona and UCLA to get back to being excellent to give us some good after-dark basketball.
UCLA is on the way. They did not get their first choice but their hired a excellent coach. ASU is getting better, Stanford is one to watch.

UCLA is on the way. They did not get their first choice but their hired a excellent coach. ASU is getting better, Stanford is one to watch.

Agreed on UCLA. Cronin is a very good coach who will develop that team. I don't see it with ASU though I know they've got a lot of hype because of a couple one-and-doners.

Stanford's coach is getting the recruiting juices flowing. Would've loved to see what that team could've been with Terry for another year. Just shows how hard it is to thread the needle in college hoops in the sense that you want those young guys to be good but not thaaaat good until the whole roster is ready to win big.

Agreed on UCLA. Cronin is a very good coach who will develop that team. I don't see it with ASU though I know they've got a lot of hype because of a couple one-and-doners.

Stanford's coach is getting the recruiting juices flowing. Would've loved to see what that team could've been with Terry for another year. Just shows how hard it is to thread the needle in college hoops in the sense that you want those young guys to be good but not thaaaat good until the whole roster is ready to win big.
Great post. It is really hard to thread that needle and even though each year has always been a different year or team it is more so now. Look at the GOPHERS . Lose Daniel, have mostly new guys and we are better. UW has 6 seniors of their top 7. Another team i follow that is struggling because their best players are young and that will not work there because it takes 600-700 minutes to perfect the defense. But it is the method they have used to try and always contend at the top of the conference and then every three years or so see if they can have it all come together. Even in that case, their big three that came in together, really developed, won it all and left early . What did they miss out on ? Well probably another ACC but not the national title as Covid stopped that. Even when it all falls in place, one injury can ruin that. It will be like that for us. Carr, Robbins and Gabe have to play every game.

Top Bottom