How far are you traveling?

koreangopher

Section 231, Row 5
Reaction score
I just wanted to see how far other Gopherholers are traveling to get to the first game. I decided to take three months off as a teacher in Korea to "see the family" and see the Gophers while I was home. Although the real reason I am coming back from Seoul is to sit in my season seats in TCF Stadium. Just don't tell the family that.

In total 6224 miles from Seoul to Minneapolis.

You can use this to calculate.

http://www.daftlogic.com/projects-google-maps-distance-calculator.htm

Where in Seoul do you live?

I was there 1994-2000 and lived in Shindaebang (stop 31 on the Green number 2 line), Uijungbu (far north on the #1 line) and Shihung (towards Anyang on the red line)

I loved it- was back in June and ate and drank to my heart's content.

I still miss the 20 weeks vacation I had at my last job.

I live right by Pyeongchon. It is about 20 min south of Sadang on the #4 line away from Seoul. I am technically living in Anyang-Si. I've been here since Dec. 2007 and returning after my stint for the Gopher season.

Wow, I think you are going to take 1st place on this one :D Did you travel the same distance to watch the Gophs play in the "big inflatable toilet" too?

Are you in the military over there?

Driving, just shy of 1,400 miles. I'll be flying though, Boston to Minneapolis. I would not miss this for the world.

If only we had an astronaut who was coming down and then going to the game, that would be quite a trip. But now that I think about it, you could argue that it's only a 200 miles. It's a tricky 200 miles, of course.

Some will travel thousands of miles, others will walk or stagger there.

I'm not military. I'm an English teacher near Seoul and I've been here since Dec. 2007. I'll did not make it back last year, but I did take a three month vacation to go home for this season. I get back on Sept 2nd and I'm looking forward to this game so much. It's my first time on American soil in 21 months.

1200 miles.

Flying up from Houston and spending the week in Minnesota so I can attend both the Air Force and Cal games. Also coming up on 2 other occasions for games.

I could stay with my inlaws in Stillwater....nah.....I will drive 175 miles

1,050 miles.

Like Pewterschmidt, I'll be flying in several times over the course of the season. Flying in just for the weekend for the Air Force, Cal, Michigan State and Illinois games, and staying the whole week to hit Wisconsin and Purdue. Can't justify the $350 in airfare to come back for South Dakota State, though.

Also will be traveling to Northwestern and Penn State, and undecided on Iowa.

1762 miles from San Diego to MSP. Like others I will be making it back for the Air Force game and probably homecoming. AT&T U verse has the BTN out here so I will watch the rest from the 74 degree comforts of my living room. Only thing is that 11:00 games there are 9:00 games here. Kegs and Eggs anyone?

My Real Answer wanted to be "I have been traveling 28 years of my life to get to outdoor gopher football in Minnesota."

The last few years we've been traveling 700 miles from Cincinnati for each home game, but when we moved back to Mpls, I decided we had to be close to the new stadium, so now we only have to travel 4.2 miles.

80 miles from the mean streets of Rochester

Top Bottom