how does this change the next two weeks?

LaXGoph

Reaction score
Damn good game by the Gophs, signs of real domination and understanding of the system. I know the victory is fresh and I'm just past half time on my second time through watching the game(partially drunk), but how does the rest of the season look to you?

Sadly we'll be favored against Indiana... I don't want that... being the underdog has helped...

I agree, underdog does us well, but we haven't been a legitimate pick for so long that we don't really know what its like no to be an underdog.

Well we know what Wren will say. They'll both be 1/12th of the season and mean no more or no less than the rest. Which isn't true, but close enough. We got 6 wins, which I didn't think we'd get. Now the question is how many more can we get? 7 is certainly in the picture and 8 could happen. Anything more than that means I may be flying to Florida twice in January (already have a vacation planned).

I just think that if we can stop Nebraska, and do pretty well against Northwestern we can hold our own against Indiana. If we can pound the rock today then why not next week? Indiana is dead in the water if they cant stop us from running the ball/clock. Our O will do more to stop Indiana than our D.

Y'know, not being underdog doesn't really scare me with this staff. I feel like this team stays on an even keel week to week. Quarter to quarter. It's why, when they had every opportunity to piss this one away today, they didn't.

The thought of beating Indiana and being 7-2 (3-2) and coming home to play PSU is awesome! The bank would be rocking!!

With the way our offense was called and executed today we score 50 next week against Indiana. Just can't have a letdown. Penn State will be a winnable game as well.

I don't know if we win next week, but I will be disappointed if we don't run for 250 yards.

Indiana looks much more winnable today than two weeks ago. We may or may not be favored, but who cares, we should make it a game!

Sadly we'll be favored against Indiana... I don't want that... being the underdog has helped...

I guess Indiana will be favored by ~7-8. Remember, Indiana put down PSU pretty roughly at Indiana just a few weeks ago, and put up 50 points on Michigan at Mich just last week.

BEAT INDIANA.

Remember the Gophers' win at Ohio State in 2000? The Star Tribune went so far as to print the headline "U Smells Roses." Then Antwaan Randle El piles up about 9,000 yards of offense the following Saturday and the season went downhill. Bloomington has been a house of horrors for us, and that is a very potent offense.

BEAT INDIANA.

Call the Huskers game a signature win if you want - and I think it is - but the next 2 games are huge. 6-2, 2-2 right now. We are going to head into the Wisky game at 6-4, 2-4 (complete buzz kill and here we go again) or 6-3, 3-3 (OK, we are in good shape but thinking about what could have been) or 8-2, 4-2 (complete and utter pandemonium). It's 2 really big games.

What does it change? They got behind in both games. Gave up early drives that seemed WAY to easy and came back to win both of them. Many, maybe most, Gopher fans in the stands were probably saying "Dammit, here we go again!", but those kids on the field didn't.

That's what changed.

BEAT INDIANA.

Remember the Gophers' win at Ohio State in 2000? The Star Tribune went so far as to print the headline "U Smells Roses." Then Antwaan Randle El piles up about 9,000 yards of offense the following Saturday and the season went downhill. Bloomington has been a house of horrors for us, and that is a very potent offense.BEAT INDIANA.

Yep. Was talking with a Neb. fan about that very game.

I don't care if we win 55-51 or 10-7, just take care of business. No reason why we can't roll out of Indiana with a win.

Our O will do more to stop Indiana than our D.

Bingo!!

I think this is actually a good matchup for the Gophers (yes, I was dead wron about Nebraska, thankfully!). PSU and Michigan did NOT try to shorten the game and grind it out. They both tried to win shoot outs.

Another reason I like the matchup is there will definitely be NO overlooking Indiana, their offense should thoroughly scare the living he!! out of Claeys and the Gopher defense. They will be given their due respect. Gophers goal should be 40+ minutes for TOP.

Nebraska was averaging 40 points a game... only us & UCLA held them under 30...

We need long drives that keep Indiana's Offense off the field... I think if we can get them out of rhythm early we'll have a good chance... they have not seen a better Defense then ours yet...

We need:
Win out
Iowa lose to Wisconsin, Michigan
Nebraska lose to Iowa
MSU lose to Nebraska
Michigan lose to MSU, Nebraska, Ohio State

BEAT INDIANA.

Remember the Gophers' win at Ohio State in 2000? The Star Tribune went so far as to print the headline "U Smells Roses." Then Antwaan Randle El piles up about 9,000 yards of offense the following Saturday and the season went downhill. Bloomington has been a house of horrors for us, and that is a very potent offense.

BEAT INDIANA.

Also lost at Indiana after beating#1 Michigan in 1977.

I know I shouldn't even think this way, but I just can't fear Indiana. We should go in there and physically pound the piss out of them from a physical perspective especially with our O but our D was laying some lumber out there today, too. The first quarter is key; we need to jump out quickly because while Nebraska got up on us a bit, Indiana has more quick strike potential and could really jump out on us if we're not paying attention and ready to go

Win em both. Get college gameday on campus. Never look back. Except to remember that we never want to go back.

I think Claeys says it best (in reference to rest of season)........................

"You don't get sigh. You don't celebrate. You get bowl-eligible in October, you set your goals a hell of a lot higher," Claeys said.

Hell yeah, Claeys.

As others stated - I respect our defense - I think we can shut teams down enough for our offense to beat them. We won't win shootouts, but our defense prevents shootouts. If the defense plays how it has (in basically any game), and our offense can run the ball. I like our chances. If we can't run, we are in trouble. Our run effectiveness is the determining factor.

Great thread, I really think we are on the right path now, once you realize you can do it there's no stopping you. They found that happy place today...Gopher football has changed forever starting today.

Great thread, I really think we are on the right path now, once you realize you can do it there's no stopping you. They found that happy place today...Gopher football has changed forever starting today.

LaX, I love the Kool Aid, but I think you jumped over the line in your 'forever' comment. :)

BEAT INDIANA.

BEAT INDIANA.

I'm very worried about Indiana. You're right. That place has never been good to us. I also remember a 20-19 loss at Indiana in 1998. Two missed extra points cost us the game and a bowl bid, which was a very big deal at the time for Gopher fans. Our better defense gives me much more optimism about this game than in years past.

Er, sorry for referencing Kool Aid. I mean, I love your optimism.

Top Bottom