How Does Maturi Sleep At Night, OR At All?

spermophilus

Reaction score
If I had made the hiring decision he has, and in the process setting our football program back to arguably it's lowest point in my lifetime and doing the damage to the Golden Gopher "brand", not only would I be an insomniac - I would hire someone to keep me from being alone and near sharp objects.

One thing is true. If I had made a hiring decision like that where I work - I would be out of a job myself.

After today watching and realizing how many LIGHT YEARS we are away from our 2 nearest rivals, words come with difficulty.

Maturi should do the honorable thing, and announce that he too, is stepping aside either immediately, or on February 28th at the latest - 4 months early (and 1 for every year of Brewster's "regime").

:mad:

Light years is right. Only ludicrous speed would get us caught up.

spermophilus, don't forget, at the time Brew was hired, Maturi said: "my job is on the line with this hire."

I hope one of the first questions that reporters bring up tomorrow is to get a reaction from him about this statement.

Go Gophers!!

spermophilus, don't forget, at the time Brew was hired, Maturi said: "my job is on the line with this hire."

I hope one of the first questions that reporters bring up tomorrow is to get a reaction from him about this statement.

Go Gophers!!

Not to mention what is happening at Mariucci arena. Nice way to welcome NE-Omaha to the WCHA. Walk in to OUR arena and get a sweep, plus the fiasco with Borton....:mad:

It was obvious to anyone who was willing to be open and honest what a huge mistake Maturi had made with his Brewster hire back in 2007. Some people who posted their concerns were condemned because they stated what they were seeing and what evidently was happening to this program, even as the new stadium was being constructed and eventually came to fruition.

What was especially frustrating and unforgivable was the contract extension that Maturi gave Brewster at the end of the 2009 season.

As long as women's rowing is doing well, I suppose he sleeps just fine.

It's time for Uncle Joe to go

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can just one (1) person be solely responsible for completely destroying an Athletic Department? This is Joel:

Football: Enough said...one of the worst programs in the NCAA

Men's Hockey: National power reduced to being swept at home by *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#ing Nebraska-Omaha

Women's BB: Promising program destroyed by suspected sexual orientation issues

Men's BB; I give some credit here but not much considering the circumstances

How in the hell can we continue on with an idiot of this magnitude? Empty seats at Mariucci Arena for hockey? Empty seats at beautiful TCF Stadium in only it's 2nd season? Can anyone give me a valid reason why Maturi works another day for the U of M? I work in a sales-driven organization and my a$$ would be fired with this type of performance record. I need someone to explain this to me how our primary state institution can allow this this to happen anyone?

Slim Tubby said it all on the other board. :clap:

After watching Gopher football over my lifetime...I am 34 years old. It does not matter who the next coach is....Until this administration gets on board to support FOOTBALL at the "U"...the original "U", no coach is going to come in here and turn this ship around. The only guy that could come in and make an immediate impact would be Tony Dungy and let's be honest...he has no interest at all in coaching at the college level much less coaching again at any level.

Right now....this is the all time lowest point in Gopher sports history!!!

Joel sleeps just fine thank you...

Joel makes a lot of money and lives in a really nice place. He sleeps just fine. His buddies keep telling him how great the OVERALL program is doing...AD of the Year et al... and he eats it up like it was Thanksgiving turkey.

Joel has made his money and Brewster has made his money. The hard part for Brew was getting the payday job in the first place. They are both set for life and the Gopher Football program still sucks.

We could have hired a guy for $150,00.00 a year and be no worse off than we are.

Joel has the money and he spends it. Just ask Pam Borton.

Joel sleeps well at night because at the end of the day this is only about sports. Sports are not real life. Sports are a diversion from real life. You guys all need to get a life. Seriously.

Joel sleeps well at night because at the end of the day this is only about sports. Sports is not real life. Sports are a diversion from real life. You guys all need to get a life. Seriously.

Well considering Joel gets paid a lot of money for a job that IS his "real life" and is a complete failure at it. Maybe its frustrating to the rest of us that have jobs where results and performance matter to whether we keep our job or not. ;)

Here's how he sleeps at night...

<object width="360" height="330"><param name="movie" value="http://fliiby.com/embed/gadget.swf?fileID=132071&fileShort=v6panwugv4"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"/></param><embed src="http://fliiby.com/embed/gadget.swf" wmode="transparent" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="360" height="330" allowscriptaccess="always" flashvars="&fileID=132071&fileShort=v6panwugv4" /></object>

Joel sleeps well at night because at the end of the day this is only about sports. Sports are not real life. Sports are a diversion from real life. You guys all need to get a life. Seriously.

Well, it's a diversion from real life for fans but it is his tax payer funded job. If Joel was the president of the school or held some other position, your point would be valid. However, if I was getting paid by the tax payers anything similar to Joel's salary, I would have a hard time sleeping at night if I was failing miserably at that position.

There's no one way of showing the signs or pressure and stress. For some it does affect their sleeping patterns. For others it might be something different. Maturi is a runner, so maybe the stress from the job is reason he does so much of that.

Top Bottom