How do you all feel about referring to MN

How about Crunchy or maybe even Cripsy?

I've referred to MN as the U my entire life. I've always assumed that it was slang that everyone used to describe their local university and Miami just claimed it as their own since it is on their helmet and their players were vocal about it. Is there more to it than that? Is there something that makes MN "The Original U?" How is it more original than anywhere else? Enlighten me, please as I honestly don't know.

I believe it is Miami that is now referred to as the U on the national scene.

I've referred to MN as the U my entire life. I've always assumed that it was slang that everyone used to describe their local university and Miami just claimed it as their own since it is on their helmet and their players were vocal about it. Is there more to it than that? Is there something that makes MN "The Original U?" How is it more original than anywhere else? Enlighten me, please as I honestly don't know.

Minnesota

University of Minnesota

The land grant was originally provided in 1865 to a proposed state agricultural college in Glencoe, Minnesota, but was reappropriated to the University of Minnesota by act dated February 18, 1868.

The University of Miami is The Underling U based on Seniority and Size. Plus, they have won only 5 National Championships in D1 Football.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Miami

There ya have it, LBJ. :)

My pleasure, calminnfan. The "U" belongs to the University of Minnesota. Period.

Miami is The U, unfortunately. Nobody outside Minnesota calls us the U, it's just a local term. Minnesota lost the marketing/branding/PR battle to someone else, if they even cared.

Top Bottom